First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Didn't like the plastic bumper on my Mojave so I bought a steel bumper from eBay. I saw several favorable threads about it and the price was right, about $440. Although it comes with no directions it is pretty self explanatory.

Reviews claim that it is comparable in build to the Rubicon bumper. I can't vouch for that as I have never seen one.
The bumper comes with the three pieces together. I prefer the stubby look. When I removed the wings there were rub marks on each side of the center piece.
The one thing I wasn't thrilled with is the winch plate. My TJ had a home made winch mount from a previous owner. It was massive by comparison. If you purchase one let me know what you think. The bumper comes with red tow hooks, I have a Mojave and it was not difficult to change the hooks.

Yes, I did get a Harbor Freight winch. I had an older model on my TJ and although I didn't use it a lot, it worked when I needed it. I bought the Apex model after reading and watching a bunch of reviews. I was able to use a 20% off coupon to bring the price to $480. That is with a synthetic rope. A nice feature is that it also comes with a wireless remote. I did have to cut the winch lever because it would not clear the bar on the bumper. I had to trim the bottom of the bumper and ended up reinstalling the skid plate using only the rear two bolts for the time being. The plastic covers on the front of the bumpers can, of course, be replaced.

Attachments
Sponsored

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, no issues with the bumper? Holes in the wings too?

Thanks

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
The holes on each front side is the non oem giveaway.

OP
OP
Usbuilt

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I removed the wings as soon as I received the bumper and I did replace the plastic parts of the bumper with Mopar covers.

I considered buying a pair of lights and put them in the holes but I found nothing that I liked that would fit.

At this time my main concern is the strength of the included winch plate during a hard pull.

One last thing, the wire that comes out of the control box presses pretty hard against the grill.

Otherwise, good to go.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Great. Thanks for the insights