Installing 12v in Gladiator Truck Bed

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Finally undertook the task of adding 12v to the bed of the Gladiator for the main purpose of powering my 12v fridge/freezer. Got majority of the things off amazon and my local auto store (links in description of video) and got to work. Very pleased with the way things turned out. I've gotten the question on why I didn't just run the power wire straight to the battery and use the switch in the bed instead of running it to my auxiliary switch. The main reason was to have the ability to cut power while in the Jeep, example being a water crossing on the trails and being able to turn it off to avoid any electrical issue and turn it back on after. Check the video out and tell me what you think.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great write up and video. I skipped the locking rings on mine (OEM plate) and pulled out a hot glue gun and I didn't need to seal up wiring with electrical tape. You might want to think about using same gauge as hot wire for ground wire. I wish installed plug-in for switched wires.. :facepalm: so to you:like::like::like: for that. In my LJ I used a trailer 4wire connectors that way for a overhead console.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Well done

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I appreciate this. I have been wanting to get this done for a while now. Your video gives more motivation to tackle the job. Nicely done.

Sponsored

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for the video! Much appreciated

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
The great thing about this mod is that you can always stick a cheap inverter into it for AC at your tailgate. At least 200W.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The great thing about this mod is that you can always stick a cheap inverter into it for AC at your tailgate. At least 200W.
You are going to be limited to about 100 watts based on the size of the wire and the 10 amp fuse in the line running to the back.

Of course if you want more, you could just use a thicker wire and a larger fuse.
Sponsored