www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
The sunbonnet Vinyl or Mesh top is easy to install. You will need assorted torx bits or drivers. I used a hammer drill and it made light work of the bolts in the windshield. The others are the smaller torx for the roll bar and the snaps that will go in their place.

The kit from the dealer should be around 200, they can be had online for 150. THis is the Mesh Sunbonnet from Mopar.

49700397687_624a60a83f_b.jpg

Remove the top and lay the mesh out on the roll bar.

49700401337_3802783224_b.jpg

Using the torx bit remove the bolts from the a pillar and frame, the one behind the sunvisor and then move to the passenger side and do the same. Only 4 are required.

49700090866_8896577474_b.jpg

49700401762_aa31913b17_b.jpg

NO PICTURE, once the windshield is laid forward a few inches, snap in the sunbonnet.

Here you can see the snaps installed along the front driver door. These are just a swap for the black screw there.

49699559828_99e83bfdb9_b.jpg

Same for the rear.

49700089191_1627928dc6_b.jpg

And behind the roll bar on the very back of the Jeep.

49700088606_3b07a907e3_b.jpg

PRO TIP: If the snaps are loose or wont click into place. Squeeze them a bit to oval shape the center ring. Do this lightly until the desired effect is achieved.

49700400162_a165c91d14_b.jpg

ENJOY! Once the buttons are all installed and the front clip is installed. It only takes seconds the second time around to install it. Just zip the front, snap the sides and its on. No need to redo the window or anything else.

49700398907_763fce9c43_b.jpg

49700087856_9fd8c06906_b.jpg

49700089706_34d408f9a6_b.jpg

49700396742_e8130011f4_b.jpg

49700086301_3b15cba50e_b.jpg
Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Looks great. Can you hardtop fit back on over this?

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
  • Banned
Looks great. Can you hardtop fit back on over this?
No; however, you can unzip the front and unsnap the sides in seconds and it comes right off after the initial install. I can take the top off in 10 minutes with my hoist and throw this on in a minute. I am on my way.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the write up and the pictures. I've been wanting to see the Mopar mesh sunbonnet installed for awhile. I like how it goes all the way from one side to the other with now gaps in coverage. However, I just realized that it is a much thinner mesh than my Spiderwebshade and I would have concerns about how much sun it actually blocks. It looks really thin, like screen door mesh. Plus, I didn't realize until your pictures that you can't put the hard top back on without removing it. Looks like I'll be staying with my Spiderwebshade since it does pretty much everything I need it to do but I wouldn't have seen that until your post.

Sponsored

InThe440

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Thank you for the write up and the pictures. I've been wanting to see the Mopar mesh sunbonnet installed for awhile. I like how it goes all the way from one side to the other with now gaps in coverage. However, I just realized that it is a much thinner mesh than my Spiderwebshade and I would have concerns about how much sun it actually blocks. It looks really thin, like screen door mesh. Plus, I didn't realize until your pictures that you can't put the hard top back on without removing it. Looks like I'll be staying with my Spiderwebshade since it does pretty much everything I need it to do but I wouldn't have seen that until your post.
I was very excited to get this sunshade but was very, very disappointed in how little sun it actually blocked. I like the full width coverage but also dislike having to remove the bonnet with the rear hardtop put on.

JeffJackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, PT Cruiser
The easy screwswap isn't working out sowell. The threading is different.. Did something change?

20210428_215327.jpg

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
Can you put the rag top over? Thx

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I’m going from hard top, to Mopar sun bonnet. Kit includes 14 “snap studs” to replace factory trim screws, but the thread is different and I’m stripping the Philip’s head trying to horse it in (and still can get it to go in).

@Quadratec customer service talked with me on Friday (after 30 minutes on hold) and said they’d get back Monday, but have not called or emailed to date. I emailed them yesterday, and no one has replied. I’m waiting on hold for customer service now (20 minutes so far).

I’m guessing they shipped me a sun bonnet from 2019, and Jeep updated the trim screws by the time my 2021 rolled off.

Basically, at this point I have a $250 sun bonnet sitting in a box because 14 screws are the wrong size. I’m happy to send it back for a newer one, have them send me updated screws, or even go buy the screws, if anyone knows how to get them. I got to Florida last week, and I’m dying to use this top.

Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I’m going from hard top, to Mopar sun bonnet. Kit includes 14 “snap studs” to replace factory trim screws, but the thread is different and I’m stripping the Philip’s head trying to horse it in (and still can get it to go in).

@Quadratec customer service talked with me on Friday (after 30 minutes on hold) and said they’d get back Monday, but have not called or emailed to date. I emailed them yesterday, and no one has replied. I’m waiting on hold for customer service now (20 minutes so far).

I’m guessing they shipped me a sun bonnet from 2019, and Jeep updated the trim screws by the time my 2021 rolled off.

Basically, at this point I have a $250 sun bonnet sitting in a box because 14 screws are the wrong size. I’m happy to send it back for a newer one, have them send me updated screws, or even go buy the screws, if anyone knows how to get them. I got to Florida last week, and I’m dying to use this top.
Update: I just talked to Collin in @Quadratec customer service. He sounded helpful and smart. And confident. My fingers are crossed.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Update: I just talked to Collin in @Quadratec customer service. He sounded helpful and smart. And confident. My fingers are crossed.
Collin disappeared. No solution. In fact, no response at all. I’m giving up on Quadratec and looking for some correctly sized snap studs on my own.

Be careful. Get it from someone you trust, and check the year of manufacture. I’m guessing the trim screws changed, so if the sun bonnet is older than your JT, those essential snap studs might not fit.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
So might be a dead thread but have some insight. The screws are different thread, just send them home lol. the just go into quick nuts on the roll bar so it docent matter, no actual thread to match. Just make sure you have a good screwdriver bit.

Can you put the rag top over? Thx
Yes! not immediately though, I just made a thread that shows me having the soft top over it, very quick and easy.

I was very excited to get this sunshade but was very, very disappointed in how little sun it actually blocked. I like the full width coverage but also dislike having to remove the bonnet with the rear hardtop put on.
Hopefully some one sees this also. My wife's JK has a alien shade on it. While the material is thicker, the holes are larger and we get hit by the sun much harder, It seems more sun goes through the molar one, but in trial, its seems to work great. Even in 100 degree days outside, my interior is noticeably cooler with the bonnet on just sitting in a parking lot and the seats are never boring hot like when there's no bonnet. Highly recommend it.
Sponsored