Sponsored

Installing the Jeep JT Nerf Bars tomorrow!

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep in for service today, picked up some Nerf Bars(supposedly not available until August!) and will be installing this weekend(weather permitting)…...check out my post on Marketplace/Exterior if you're interested in a set of brand new Rubicon Rock Rails!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures or it didnt happen
Okay....here is the start(got home late so only had time to remove the Rock Rails..man, these things look naked without rock rails covering the seam!)….nerf bars will go on in the AM....

Rock Rails Before.jpg

Rock Rails Naked A.jpg

Rock Rails Naked.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Tacoman03 if I were you I would leave the rear rock bars in place, the ones in between the rear wheels and the rear bumper. Will still help your truck to look good, will give you rear protection and your rear end will not look naked with them removed.

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I like those! They will definitely stay! Wish they had a step pad we could add to them!!!!(saw them in a pic of a pre production JT earlier this year)

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
34F40D25-37FF-40A1-870A-E67162EDFBD7.jpeg
Hey @billyjk7 I am wondering what I am looking at. This does not look like a Gladiator to me. I am guessing that this is the rear end of some SUV or truck, just behind the rear wheel and the rear bumper. However the area I have circled looks like a handle of some sort. And there’s no handle in this area of a Gladiator. I like the idea of a step like this where the rear most rock rail is on the Rubicons. There really should be a step there so folks could step into the bed. So what’s the 411 on what we are looking at in this picture and who makes that step? Thanks to advise.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
That's on one of the concept vehicles from Ester Jeep Safari. The red thing is the bottom of a fuel tank. That piece should be made by a company like @Artec for us!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I vaguely remember that concept vehicle now and also vaguely remember the rear side step from that concept vehicle now that you mention it. Will be interesting to see if Artec or some other company comes out with such a step. I bet it would sell well. Thanks for the info and for the picture.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
And that's a wrap....
They look really good. I might go this route instead of mud flaps. Do you think they help keep the bottom of the doors protected?

I have a sport s and I agree it looks funny with nothing under the doors along that seam. This will solve that issue too. Two for one deal.

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They look really good. I might go this route instead of mud flaps. Do you think they help keep the bottom of the doors protected?

I have a sport s and I agree it looks funny with nothing under the doors along that seam. This will solve that issue too. Two for one deal.
Funny you mention mud flaps, I had rear ones put on, and now that I put these on, I think the front ones just might work now(they didn't before due to Rock Rails that go in past end of fender.....
Another benefit of these type of rails is that they add an additional level of "door ding" protection.....

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Funny you mention mud flaps, I had rear ones put on, and now that I put these on, I think the front ones just might work now(they didn't before due to Rock Rails that go in past end of fender.....
Another benefit of these type of rails is that they add an additional level of "door ding" protection.....
The rear flaps fit with the steps on? And you think the front will fit too? I heard they don’t fit if you have the rock rails installed. But interesting they might fit with the steps. Good to know. Do you have a picture of the steps with the rear flaps too? Thanks for the info.