Sponsored

Interchangeable parts w/ JL?

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi
So what parts will be interchangeable.. Doors, wheels. Anyone know what the lug bolt pattern is? 5x5?
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So what parts will be interchangeable.. Doors, wheels. Anyone know what the lug bolt pattern is? 5x5?
There is a thread started on interchangeable parts somewhere on here. I'm to lazy to look it up for you right now sorry.

The bolt pattern is 5X5 but I read somewhere that the studs are a bit larger in diameter. Quadratec says the rims that fit the JL will fit the JT.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The JL studs increased to 14mm so the lug nuts for JK will not work on JL. Are you saying the JT studs are increasing again, or were you just referring to the JL changes?

It seems to me that the Sunrider for Hardtop for JL would work on JT if you got the hardtop with your JT. At least, that's what I'm hoping since I already have one of those. :)

Pretty much everything on the front half of the JL will fit the JT from the way things look.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
The JL studs increased to 14mm so the lug nuts for JK will not work on JL. Are you saying the JT studs are increasing again, or were you just referring to the JL changes?

It seems to me that the Sunrider for Hardtop for JL would work on JT if you got the hardtop with your JT. At least, that's what I'm hoping since I already have one of those. :)

Pretty much everything on the front half of the JL will fit the JT from the way things look.
So your telling me bad news. I was under the impression my wheels on my JK would work on my JT. If you are correct about $800 just jumped out of my pocket.

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB

They put JL wheels on a JK. Should also work the other way around.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
So your telling me bad news. I was under the impression my wheels on my JK would work on my JT. If you are correct about $800 just jumped out of my pocket.
Looking at the AEV website, this is how they describe the difference in their JK and JL Pintler wheels.

"What makes this wheel different than the JK Pintler Wheel?
The JL Pintler wheel is actually quite a bit different. This wheel has a JL-specific offset of +25mm, increased center cap bore to ensure compatibility with the OE backup camera and additional room for the larger OE lug nuts. Details like these are often overlooked with one-size-fits-all aftermarket wheels." https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/pintler-jeep-jl-wheel/

So, you will just have to see if they fit once you get the JT. It depends on how much wiggle room you will have with the 14mm lug nuts on the type of wheels you bought.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So is there any concern that the JTR bigger breaks will cause fitment issues also? Are JTR and JLR or JLUR breaks the same sizes?

I may just have to find a local JL owner that will let me try them out .I hope I'm not shopping for wheels but if I am I will be looking at bead locks this time.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
So is there any concern that the JTR bigger breaks will cause fitment issues also? Are JTR and JLR or JLUR breaks the same sizes?

I may just have to find a local JL owner that will let me try them out .I hope I'm not shopping for wheels but if I am I will be looking at bead locks this time.
I'll be waiting for AEV to make a specific wheel for the JT. I don't need bead locks, but I do like the changeable protection ring.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
So many questions.

1. Will JK TPMS work on the Gladiator? (I want metal valve stems, the only ones in Gunmetal I can find say JK)

2. Will JL Steps fit on the Gladiator? (My short a$$ will need them right off the bat as 35" will be installed on Day 2)

3. Will the TazerJL work?

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2018 MegaCab, 2020 Gladiator
The wheels will work. It's the lug nuts that are different.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So many questions.

1. Will JK TPMS work on the Gladiator? (I want metal valve stems, the only ones in Gunmetal I can find say JK)

2. Will JL Steps fit on the Gladiator? (My short a$$ will need them right off the bat as 35" will be installed on Day 2)

3. Will the TazerJL work?
So I think steps won’t work- I’ve been following this closely because I want the RockSlide Engineering Step Sliders. But the guy from EVO, whose name I don’t know, has said in several videos that the body mounts are totally different. He has said this in reference to their steps, so their JL steps did not just bolt on.

I’m half assuming the TazerJL will work... I reached out to them and got a “not sure” answer. I plan to reach out again soon. That and an idrive throttle controller are on my day 1 list of must haves.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I thought I read somewhere that the JT wheels are heavier duty to support the increased load capacity of the JT...

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
So I think steps won’t work- I’ve been following this closely because I want the RockSlide Engineering Step Sliders. But the guy from EVO, whose name I don’t know, has said in several videos that the body mounts are totally different. He has said this in reference to their steps, so their JL steps did not just bolt on.
well chit
I'm gonna need something, ladder and duct tape?

Last edited:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I thought I read somewhere that the JT wheels are heavier duty to support the increased load capacity of the JT...
Yes, They did say that.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I know the wheels for a JL will bolt on the JT. You might want to be careful on what you get. Jeep stated that they had to beef up the stock JL wheels for the added loads of the JT. So stock vs. stock they are different.
Sponsored

Reactions: JP1