Sponsored

Interesting First Negative in my JT.. radio glare in hard top rear glass window

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
First time driving at night tonight, and found my first nitpick......the glare of the radio screen into the back hardtop slide-able window.....you're probably thinking..."What?!?!"...but the problem is the entire radio face fills the entire middle of the back window, so when you glance at your rear view mirror, it looks like something is there.....little weird, but hey, this is my first pick up ever!
First World problems.....
Trust me, this thing is Awesome!
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Tap the button that turns the screen off.

Is it called a button on a touch screen?

Last edited:
Reactions: SKT
OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
She’s just telling you she wants to run around topless...
Hopefully soon! Weather still chilly, and I have to figure how to store top? Think the JL hard top cart will hold it?

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I actually turned off the mirror dimmer because if this, and seemed to help

Sponsored

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
First time driving at night tonight, and found my first nitpick......the glare of the radio screen into the back hardtop slide-able window.....you're probably thinking..."What?!?!"...but the problem is the entire radio face fills the entire middle of the back window, so when you glance at your rear view mirror, it looks like something is there.....little weird, but hey, this is my first pick up ever!
First World problems.....
Trust me, this thing is Awesome!
Have you checked out your interior dash lighting dimmer wheel? In my 14' Grand Cherokee the 8.4" screen was super bright. I found the dimmer wheel also dimmed the screen.

tinman

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD hatchback, 14 Ducati Monster 1200, 17 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
Occupation
business owner
That was one of the first things I noticed when driving it home from the dealer. First world problem for sure.
I did get the Mopar screen protector and love it. It came with two and it makes the matte finish to the screen very glossy.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
This occurs on the soft top too.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Why have I not noticed that? When my lights come on, my center display REALLY dims. In fact, it is annoying as when I run the wipers on intermittent during our frequent slimy winter storms, slimy roads with all the brine and stuff, the lights come on and the center display dims and I can't see it during the day. No reflections here. My complaint it's too dim in the day with the wipers and lights on. It's about right at night.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
Why have I not noticed that? When my lights come on, my center display REALLY dims. In fact, it is annoying as when I run the wipers on intermittent during our frequent slimy winter storms, slimy roads with all the brine and stuff, the lights come on and the center display dims and I can't see it during the day. No reflections here. My complaint it's too dim in the day with the wipers and lights on. It's about right at night.
There is a dial on the left side dash to brighten it.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Bill, I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried making your screen brighter with the dial to the left of your steering wheel? This should help your situation.

Alison
JeepCares

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
And if the radio screen is too bright at night — you can dim it with the same wheel.
Cheers
Sponsored

Last edited: