First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hi everyone. I finally joined the forum but I've been hanging around the site for a few months now. My wife and I got bit by the bug back in August last year when we rented a JLU and drove it home to Tennessee from Vegas. May sound lame but that was our vacation. Spending quality time together and seeing a tiny slice of our beautiful country. We decided during our 4 day journey we were getting a Jeep. In November we set out to get our Jeep. The thing is we were looking for a JLU since that's what we drove and wanted. We started shopping but couldn't find "the one". while we were looking though, I was noticing the JT's and liking them, alot. I'm a truck guy so it made sense to have a truck. Much more practical than an enclosed vehicle with limited cargo carrying abilities and still satisfied the desire to have a JL. She on the other hand wasn't quite so interested in a JT, yet. That is until the sales guy pulled a 20 gator edition Overland up and asked her to "just give it a look". She hopped in, grabbed the wheel and smiled. I knew that was "the one". needless to say we traded her 2019 Yukon Denali XL and haven't regretted it or missed the Denali one bit. Her Overland was used so it already had a few goodies added to it. Mile Marker 8000 # winch & Rugged Ridge tanneau cover were the bigger ticket items but that saved me a few dollars to get the modding started. I loved driving it (when she would let me) and said I would eventually have one of my own. So 3 weeks ago I did just that. I traded my 16 colorado Z71 on a brand new gecko green Willys and couldn't be happier. I will admit I was a little iffy about the crazy bright green but it didn't take long and I was glad I got the gecko for its uniqueness. I know it's a love/hate type color but I haven't seen another one on the road yet. And that green and black, well it just looks cool! Anyway, that's my story and I am looking forward to many years of fun off roading and meeting new folks along the way. I have much to learn but this forum is a wealth of knowledge and experience that I'm glad to be a part of. Now, how to decide which JT we will be taking to events!! Flip a coin I guess.

20220130_105245.jpg
Sponsored

wjcook68

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
That is awesome. Nice Jeeps. My wife and I did the same thing. She's had her JLU Rubicon since May of 2020. I am like you and have always been a truck person but loved the Jeep. Well, yesterday I sold my RAM 2500 CCLB 4x4 and got a Gladiator Rubicon.

Congrats. Here are our two Jeeps

IMG_8621.jpg

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Welcome to the forum, you're in good company!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I love Gecko! Congratulations. I got nacho (another polarizing color), but Gecko wasn't available on JTs then, or it would have been a tough choice. Mine looks like a school bus haha.

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Very nice family of Jeeps!! The pic I posted is only 3 weeks old but I've already changed the bumper, added a winch and changed the headlights on the Willys. Mods are twice as much now! I ordered a Teraflex leveling kit today.

Sponsored

wjcook68

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I like both of those colors. I have been lucky enough to see a Gecko JT but not a Nacho colored one. I know I really liked the punkin orange JLU's

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Hi everyone. I finally joined the forum but I've been hanging around the site for a few months now. My wife and I got bit by the bug back in August last year when we rented a JLU and drove it home to Tennessee from Vegas. May sound lame but that was our vacation. Spending quality time together and seeing a tiny slice of our beautiful country. We decided during our 4 day journey we were getting a Jeep. In November we set out to get our Jeep. The thing is we were looking for a JLU since that's what we drove and wanted. We started shopping but couldn't find "the one". while we were looking though, I was noticing the JT's and liking them, alot. I'm a truck guy so it made sense to have a truck. Much more practical than an enclosed vehicle with limited cargo carrying abilities and still satisfied the desire to have a JL. She on the other hand wasn't quite so interested in a JT, yet. That is until the sales guy pulled a 20 gator edition Overland up and asked her to "just give it a look". She hopped in, grabbed the wheel and smiled. I knew that was "the one". needless to say we traded her 2019 Yukon Denali XL and haven't regretted it or missed the Denali one bit. Her Overland was used so it already had a few goodies added to it. Mile Marker 8000 # winch & Rugged Ridge tanneau cover were the bigger ticket items but that saved me a few dollars to get the modding started. I loved driving it (when she would let me) and said I would eventually have one of my own. So 3 weeks ago I did just that. I traded my 16 colorado Z71 on a brand new gecko green Willys and couldn't be happier. I will admit I was a little iffy about the crazy bright green but it didn't take long and I was glad I got the gecko for its uniqueness. I know it's a love/hate type color but I haven't seen another one on the road yet. And that green and black, well it just looks cool! Anyway, that's my story and I am looking forward to many years of fun off roading and meeting new folks along the way. I have much to learn but this forum is a wealth of knowledge and experience that I'm glad to be a part of. Now, how to decide which JT we will be taking to events!! Flip a coin I guess.

Jeep Gladiator Introduction IMG_8621
Welcome to the family, great people here and good advice.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver