IPhone CarPlay

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
What navigation apps are you using for IPhone CarPlay? I would like one with a bit more detail for travel trailer towing.
Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
What navigation apps are you using for IPhone CarPlay? I would like one with a bit more detail for travel trailer towing.
Try ā€œwazeā€... has saved my but a few times as to location of smokey , travel delays due to what ever reasons and accidents. Even disabled vehicles... forgot to mention construction areas.

seanp707

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, e30, f30, jt rubicon on order
Yup. I use waze to drive to the mountains from missouri at least 3 times a year. It is amazing at how many people use it, and how almost everything is marked on the app. It has saved me from a ticket plenty of times going through the middle of kansas.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I like Waze but I can't find a way to turn down the prompt volume. I'll be driving along and then all of a sudden...STOPPED VEHICLE REPORTED AHEAD!!! comes blaring out of the speakers, so I stopped using it. Apple Maps is getting a new refresh that's been rolling out and it's pretty good.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I tend to use Apple maps. I can get that app to repeat verbal directions. Google Waze and Maps donā€™t seem to be able to do that. This is a feature users have asked for over many years but Google says they wonā€™t add it. I keep looking for the best voice app nav so I donā€™t have to take my eyes off the road. It is easy to miss a turn instruction due to traffic, noise or whatever.

I find nav tech amazing. I just wish they would get some user input from experienced drivers that just want nav assistance and not have to get so engrossed in tap, double-tap, swipe with a non-tactile screen that forces me to look at it..

Iā€™m sorry, I digress.... I just meant to say I use Apple Maps. Maybe Iā€™ll learn about something better in this thread

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I like Waze but I can't find a way to turn down the prompt volume. I'll be driving along and then all of a sudden...STOPPED VEHICLE REPORTED AHEAD!!! comes blaring out of the speakers, so I stopped using it. Apple Maps is getting a new refresh that's been rolling out and it's pretty good.
Had the issue of blaring prompts on my 19 ram. What we found is that you go into the nav settings and change the nav guidance volume down and it should help out. But hereā€™s a warning... unconnect engineers designed it to never go below 15 on the volume even if you set it very low... donā€™t ask me why, it just is.

image.jpg

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Had the issue of blaring prompts on my 19 ram. What we found is that you go into the nav settings and change the nav guidance volume down and it should help out. But hereā€™s a warning... unconnect engineers designed it to never go below 15 on the volume even if you set it very low... donā€™t ask me why, it just is.

image.jpg
On the JT you can adjust the volume down in the menu to below 15, but it defaults back to 15 after turning off the ignition and then restarting..
You can also adjust the volume down using the steering wheel controls when you hear the voice prompt, which is far more convenient than having to go through the menu which takes your attention away from driving.
Sponsored