iPod touch and Uconnect 8.4

Snowdogyyz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So after having issues with Uconnect not loading all my music off my iPod Classic, I bought a newer iPod touch (120 gb) to load my music on as I’ve read that the older classics aren’t supported anymore and won’t function properly. So I loaded my music on the touch (about 108 gb) and connected it through Aux 2 (console USB port).

It is not loading any music into Uconnect. If I select it on the iPod itself it’ll play and then it might show up on Uconnect, but some tracks still didn’t show up after this method. If I connect thru Bluetooth it seems to work fine, but I’d prefer to use usb and leave it connected and charging in the console. Especially since my iPhone is connected thru CarPlay frequently.

Anyone know how to get Uconnect to load and catalog my music from the touch?
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So after having issues with Uconnect not loading all my music off my iPod Classic, I bought a newer iPod touch (120 gb) to load my music on as I’ve read that the older classics aren’t supported anymore and won’t function properly. So I loaded my music on the touch (about 108 gb) and connected it through Aux 2 (console USB port).

It is not loading any music into Uconnect. If I select it on the iPod itself it’ll play and then it might show up on Uconnect, but some tracks still didn’t show up after this method. If I connect thru Bluetooth it seems to work fine, but I’d prefer to use usb and leave it connected and charging in the console. Especially since my iPhone is connected thru CarPlay frequently.

Hi,

Can you confirm you're using the Apple supplied USB cord to connect your iPod Touch?

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes- using an apple cable. I used apple cables with two different iPod classics and it does the same thing. Doesn’t show all files, alphabetizes some albums instead of going in numbered order, etc. I’m playing the iPod touch via Bluetooth and it shows all files and plays/organizes correctly. Not preferred over connecting via USB port 2 in the console and keeping it hidden and charged.

I even went through all songs and played each track briefly to add them. It kept some and didn’t others. It’s just a cluster.

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch
Yes- using an apple cable. I used apple cables with two different iPod classics and it does the same thing. Doesn’t show all files, alphabetizes some albums instead of going in numbered order, etc. I’m playing the iPod touch via Bluetooth and it shows all files and plays/organizes correctly. Not preferred over connecting via USB port 2 in the console and keeping it hidden and charged.

I even went through all songs and played each track briefly to add them. It kept some and didn’t others. It’s just a cluster.
I know this is a year later but did you ever get this resolved. I have the same issue with my iPod touch too. It leaves playlists out and certain songs. I thought it was an issue with my iPod but it was fine.

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10

@Snowdogyyz , were you able to get your iPod to work with Uconnect? I have an iPod Touch Gen 4, and my 8.4 Uconnect gives me read error, even when using the factory cable. I've sent a question to @JeepCares , but I haven't heard back. Thanks.
Sponsored