Sponsored

Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator

GarboHD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
Sponsored

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I love mine. I am at 900 miles, just had the steering gear swapped today, and it now drives amazing. Before you buy it, make sure it has the new steering gear (Part ends in AA, and is black), rather than the old one (ends in AE and is silver).

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
go looking for complaints and youll find them. now count the rest of the pages to see who loves theirs.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
My Gladiator is in the shop for the P0300 code and they still can't figure out. But once they get it resolved I will be happy to have it back. I really enjoy my Gladiator. Had a really good time overlanding in CO and Utah...it's an awesome machine. I had compared it to the Taco before buying, and found it to be far better in many ways...more expensive too, but who cares. I say go for it. Worse case is that you don't like it in a year and sell it....the value holds up very well.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this forum is filled with whiney complainers who spend a lot of time ragging about things like the size of the key fob.

This is a JEEP Wrangler Pickup truck with almost all the capabilities of a JEEP Wrangler PLUS additional carrying and towing capabilities. If someone doesn't "get JEEP" (it's a JEEP thing they don't understand) then we can't fix that and they'll learn from their buying before researching experience.

Don't let inexperienced buyers/owners and trolls who don't own sway you. Do your research, do some test drives and look beyond the ignorance.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-from-a-jeep-so-why-did-you-buy-a-jeep.29362/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/key-fob-follies.33741/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
I have No complainants and have had No issues after 5k mi.
I love it, I get asked about it all the time and Recommend it Every chance I get.
Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator 0B483F9D-0E8C-45F9-A840-759E37932288

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
There was a similar thread here where this was recently discussed.

I came from 6 straight bullet-proof Acuras and absolutely love my Gladiator. You're probably smart enough to know that the probability of the Jeep having a problem is higher than your Tundra.

That being said, FCA has improved the build quality and reliability of these vehicles and the latest JD Power Initial Quality results reflect that.

So that info is for your brain. The Gladiator will tug at your heart. Take the tops and the doors off and you'll never go back. It's a blast to own.

GreenMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Well - 1,300 miles in and I love mine. Best vehicle I have owned as it relates to driving experience and pure utility. Regarding reliability, who knows if something will go wrong, however it's mechanical and will likely have something fail eventually. Here is what I compare it against that were in my garage over the last 7yrs:
  • 2018 Yukon Denali (motor had to be rebuilt at 25k miles)
  • 2014 F150 Platinum (pops still drives it and loves it)
  • 2007 F150 Lariat (motor issues at 120k miles)
  • 2007 Tundra 5.7 (loved it but too basic with tech)
  • 2012 Ford Escape (don't ask)
  • 2001 Jeep TJ (miss it)
I would buy another one if I had to do it again :) and that is with two kids at ages 1 & 4.

OP
OP
GarboHD

GarboHD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Wow, so many great replies. Thank you very Much for responding. This is a great forum. Think I will go test drive and see what happens from there. Once again, thanks for the info.

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Ditto what others have said. I am reluctant to chime in, out of superstition and not wanting to jinx myself... but a little over 1,500 miles and ~2 months with ZERO issues.

Test drive it just to be sure. Maybe even ask to test drive two different trim levels just so you can get a comparison.

At the end of the day, people with problems check the internet for help and people with no problems hit the pavement and head outdoors :D

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Wow, so many great replies. Thank you very Much for responding. This is a great forum. Think I will go test drive and see what happens from there. Once again, thanks for the info.
Good luck and let us know how things go :like: :beer:

(and yes, I've been on quite a few brand/vehicle forums - Acura, BMW, Ford, etc. - and this one is probably my favorite)

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
23k miles here and zero complaints. Its the perfect do everything vehicle. You have to expect to see complaints on a forum for an enthusiast vehicle as that's part of what the forum is for is to help each other troubleshoot things that aren't working right. However, overall most of the threads on this forum are about upgrades and enhancements and general discussions. If you look on any forum for other enthusiast vehicle you will see the same.

BTW the Jeep community if full of great people and a culture that if you like outdoors, off road, etc I would say there is no other vehicle following like a Jeep.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Really like mine. Had multiple jk’s and a JL before this.
Sponsored