Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using a weight distribution hitch? I just got my Gladiator, while towing our single axis camper we seem to get a lot of bounce. Currently researching weight distribution hitches and some state anti-bounce as well as anti-sway. Gladiator does have the max tow option. Any suggestions?
Definitely get the weight distributing hitch, especially with "travel trailers"/"campers", etc.
And they do take a lot of the bounce out.
Your JT will appreciate it, and so will you.
Max tow or not, when towing such things, those hitches are almost a must-have.
Sponsored

Mort3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2013 Acura MDX
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
I don’t want to persuade your decision, all I can say is that I was on the fence all year between the JL and the JT (Gladiator). I was worried about everything from holding value to asking myself if a Jeep pickup makes sense since I would never beat it for anything other than snow and sledding. Well, I changed course and went with the Gladiator. 2k miles in and I can say that the Gladiator was the best choice. I look forward to finding reasons to strip her down and driving her anywhere any time. Aside from hating to remember the Auto Off button, and this is a reach if I had to mention anything negative, she has been absolutely perfect, practical and fun. If you drove it, like it and your heart is set; you won’t regret it. Happy Jeeping.

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Are you using a weight distribution hitch? I just got my Gladiator, while towing our single axis camper we seem to get a lot of bounce. Currently researching weight distribution hitches and some state anti-bounce as well as anti-sway. Gladiator does have the max tow option. Any suggestions?

Getting a wdh is a big improvement. It got rid of the squat and ride quality was definitely less bouncy and more stable. Due to my limited options up here in AK, I went with the Curt rated for 6000#'s which is just right for my rpod. It does have the option to add anti-sway later down the road.

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator IMG_1561 copy

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Getting a wdh is a big improvement. It got rid of the squat and ride quality was definitely less bouncy and more stable. Due to my limited options up here in AK, I went with the Curt rated for 6000#'s which is just right for my rpod. It does have the option to add anti-sway later down the road.

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator IMG_1561 copy
Looks like the same setup I had on my camper when we owned it........ it trailed really nice and no bounce or sway.

I like those pads - the orange - are those available at RV stores? or perhaps online?

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Looks like the same setup I had on my camper when we owned it........ it trailed really nice and no bounce or sway.

I like those pads - the orange - are those available at RV stores? or perhaps online?
Amazon TriLynx blocks

Sponsored

BigOrangeCat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just turned 14,000 miles and I absolutely love my Gladiator. Have had plenty of Jeeps in the past, most notably the JK I sold to buy this one. It took about 5 minutes on the road to realize, regardless of any small nuisances (ummm...it's a Jeep), it rides better than a Jeep should off the lot. What's really crazy, they seem to ride even better lifted. I did the simple Mopar 2" with a Synergy adjustable track bar just to get the belly up a bit while I decide on what I really want to do. Quite frankly, I love it. Especially as this is not just a trail rig, but a daily driver for me. Its everything I love about a Jeep with some nice luxury upgrades and a whole hell of a lot of utility. A lot of complaints I hear honestly are folks that might be better off with a Grand Cherokee instead. If you want Tacoma-like utility and Jeep fun factor and capability, this is it!

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator Glady_1

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator Glady_2

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator Glady_3

Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator Glady_4

Tripy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Definitely get the weight distributing hitch, especially with "travel trailers"/"campers", etc.
And they do take a lot of the bounce out.
Your JT will appreciate it, and so will you.
Max tow or not, when towing such things, those hitches are almost a must-have.
Thanks! Any recommendations as to which one? A local RV dealer recommended Andersen weight distribution hitch which looks easy to use and install. Camping World recommended an Equalizer WD hitch.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon TriLynx blocks
Thanks - those would be handy for my car hauler when switching from rear receiver hitch to front receiver on my weird ground. Could keep right in the tool box.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Any recommendations as to which one? A local RV dealer recommended Andersen weight distribution hitch which looks easy to use and install. Camping World recommended an Equalizer WD hitch.
I'd rather let the current RV towing guys comment - mine was several years ago, I think it was a Curt on the camper but can't recall. It worked well. Then I had a helluva hitch on my first flatbed trailer - I swear it was set up for a 20 ton when empty trailer. Can't recall the name but the bar alone were 10 pounds each, I swear.
But I can say, boy do those hitches make a world of difference.
And that was with both a 95 F250 4x4 and my 2011 Silverado 1500 - heavier trucks than the JT so I'd never tow an RV/camper without such a hitch with my JT.

I can't use one on my car hauler as it's all aluminum, frame and all, and the engineer said NO - DON'T DO THAT!! but there's never been a need for that on my car haulers.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I have a 10k WDH w sway control built in. There are many out there made similar to the equalizer that are in the 350-500 range. These don’t use the chains but use the friction Pads. They are a little noisy when you turn but it lets you know they are working. I went with the fastway, which is made by equalizer. It’s great for the money.

If you want the best... go with a Hensley. It’s like 3k tho...

https://hensleymfg.com/hensley-hitch-video/

Sponsored

Tripy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'd rather let the current RV towing guys comment - mine was several years ago, I think it was a Curt on the camper but can't recall. It worked well. Then I had a helluva hitch on my first flatbed trailer - I swear it was set up for a 20 ton when empty trailer. Can't recall the name but the bar alone were 10 pounds each, I swear.
But I can say, boy do those hitches make a world of difference.
And that was with both a 95 F250 4x4 and my 2011 Silverado 1500 - heavier trucks than the JT so I'd never tow an RV/camper without such a hitch with my JT.

I can't use one on my car hauler as it's all aluminum, frame and all, and the engineer said NO - DON'T DO THAT!! but there's never been a need for that on my car haulers.
I went to the a local RV dealer, he recommended and explained the Andersen WD Hitch and said they sell a lot of them. I bought one, installed it and did a test run around the neighborhood. Much less bounce, I think it will make a big difference. Thanks!

gitnit

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
equipment operator
Just turned 14,000 miles and I absolutely love my Gladiator. Have had plenty of Jeeps in the past, most notably the JK I sold to buy this one. It took about 5 minutes on the road to realize, regardless of any small nuisances (ummm...it's a Jeep), it rides better than a Jeep should off the lot. What's really crazy, they seem to ride even better lifted. I did the simple Mopar 2" with a Synergy adjustable track bar just to get the belly up a bit while I decide on what I really want to do. Quite frankly, I love it. Especially as this is not just a trail rig, but a daily driver for me. Its everything I love about a Jeep with some nice luxury upgrades and a whole hell of a lot of utility. A lot of complaints I hear honestly are folks that might be better off with a Grand Cherokee instead. If you want Tacoma-like utility and Jeep fun factor and capability, this is it!

I had a few Jeeps in the past myself but my favorite was my 04 TJ.
I'd still have it but the frame was way too rusted, cracked and broken to maintain so I traded it on my new love, the 2020 Gladiator sport to personalize.
Since I'm in my late 50s, the most I'll go on lift is 2" because I'm too sore for the lifted vehicle climb.
You are correct on the ride and complaints. Nice ride!

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Dude I love this thing. It has done what no vehicle has done in 15 years, made me look for excuses to go driving. It is awesome pulling up in customized go anywhere vehicle. I have 7000 glorious Magnuson supercharged miles on mine! Hasn't missed a single beat.
Hay bud, how is the magnuson? I have a JTR currently on order, and I have been seriously considering the mag for a while, trying to get it done within a few weeks of receiving my JTR I want it installed on the motor while its still new.

Nicomaeson

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maint. Manager
I love mine. Its a 2021 bought it new from the dealer and no issues but I have had it only 4 days so far.

DaddyG

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Site superintendent
Vehicle Showcase
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?

I'm at just under 6K miles......LOVE it so far ! My first Jeep as well 2020 Maxtow Sport S in StingGray with a ragtop only.....only complaint so far is I'd have rather had the painted fenders instead of the black ones, but I took mine off the lot for a good price so I can't complain. Now I just need to find wheels/tires/rock sliders/bumpers that I like !
Sponsored