Sponsored

Is Gator green coming back?!!

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Getting ready to place an order for a Gladiator. I am going to get sting grey, just wish gator green was still available! Why did they ditch it?! I don’t like the sarge green at all. Is there any chance gator is coming back?
Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
There's definitely a chance. They seem to have a different green and blue every year, and once in a while bring back old ones. 2022's should be launched in another couple of months, but I didn't see any leaks super early last year so you may have to wait and see.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Man the way this was titled I was hoping you had more intel to share! As @Blue Ridge said, it will probably be back, but no time soon. Maybe something similar, we'll see.

Horizon for now is Earl (another bluey gray, similar to Limestone on R1T or Cactus on Bronco) and Gecko Green.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
No, it likely will not come back as it was discontinued for the entire generation. Not until the next iteration of the vehicle (i.e., first JL came out in 2018, so 2028).

Same thing happened to Chief Blue -- but it was only available to order for 3 weeks.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Odd thing is, my dealer said that sometimes colors are good sellers and they still discontinue them the next model year. Ocean blue metallic was evidently very popular, and they just said, "Here, have hydro blue for 2021." I was tempted to hold out for 2022 but really liked sarge green on the Willys package and didn't have an ounce of faith I could get it if I waited.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jerhemi

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I want Gator Green, but I will settle for Sting Grey. Wish I could special order it

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Man I wish they would bring it back, I waited to order the diesel & they snatched Gator right out from under me 👎 I said OK, Gobi is my #2. Nope. :headbang:
I have been patient, hoping we get Commando or something similar this next time around...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Nacho was made available on JL, then dropped, then added again. So who knows. Anything is possible.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
The discontinuation of Gobi forced me to buy late last summer and I probably paid more than I otherwise would have Because of it. Sting Grey was my second choice but I think it is a fantastic color

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jerhemi

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The discontinuation of Gobi forced me to buy late last summer and I probably paid more than I otherwise would have Because of it. Sting Grey was my second choice but I think it is a fantastic color
Sting Grey is nice, and I plan to order it.. But Gator is just amazing. Wish Jeep didn’t limit the colour

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I want Gator Green, but I will settle for Sting Grey. Wish I could special order it
Get a white one and have it painted. In the overall scheme of things it’ll be a small percentage of what you end up dumping into the Jeep if you’re like the rest of us! Lol!

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I really wanted Gator last year but I held off b/c of the steering box issues. I was just about ready to order a sarge with saddle leather rubicon but then.....
I saw a Gator Rubicon from a distance. I had to detour around and I eventually caught up to it. Yea, I'm going to have to wait to see if they offer it for next year's model. BADASS!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
You just never know what surprises they will pull with colors. I was amazed to see them bring Chief Blue back on the Wrangler. My absolute favorite Jeep color. Wish they would have brought it to the Gladiator. I would have been first in line to order. And I would probably find a way to trade my Nacho in a second if they do release it in the future.
Sponsored