Sponsored

Is it Possible? Dealer / Launch Edition pre order to assure sellout?

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition - White
What do you guys think... a Theory?

Dealers put in order(s) for any Launch Edition they want for their floor plan in March
Roll out 4-4-19 1 day sale....
Any of the 4190 trucks not sold to public get assigned to dealers who put in pre-order
Guaranteeing a sell out.

Why do you ask? I have seen Launch Edition Gladiators coming to a dealer near you with MARCH order dates.

What do you guys think? Possible?
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Dealers put in order(s) for any Launch Edition they want for their floor plan in March
Any of the 4190 trucks not sold to public get assigned to dealers who put in pre-order
Guaranteeing a sell out.

Why do you ask? I have seen Launch Edition Gladiators coming to a dealer near you with MARCH order dates.

Where are you seeing order dates? On the tracker? Anyone can put in whatever date they want there so I'd put zero faith in those dates.

My dealer didn't know details about the LE until 4/3 where there was a conference call. He could have been BSing me, but I don't think so. I had spoke with him as soon as they announced the LE and seemed as clueless as we were until after the call.

Also, some folks were still placing LE orders a few weeks ago (long after the 4/4 "sellout"). If dealers were squatting on unsold LEs, that wouldn't have been an option.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Guaranteeing a sell out.

Possible. But they also markup the crap out of it.. especially in Los Angeles... I did get that call on the last week of March trying to get me the slot for LE at $20k markup.... Tol em to kiss my hairy big .........

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
I called over 6 dealers here in a 3 state area prior to 4-19 and none of them even knew what a launch was

OP
OP
Arop

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you seeing order dates? On the tracker? Anyone can put in whatever date they want there so I'd put zero faith in those dates.

My dealer didn't know details about the LE until 4/3 where there was a conference call. He could have been BSing me, but I don't think so. I had spoke with him as soon as they announced the LE and seemed as clueless as we were until after the call.

Also, some folks were still placing LE orders a few weeks ago (long after the 4/4 "sellout"). If dealers were squatting on unsold LEs, that wouldn't have been an option.
I had to purchase a 2nd Launch Edition truck because my slimy dealer stole mine on a technicality. (story to come soon)
When I started knocking on different JEEP dealears in my area I asked, " Do you currently have or will you be getting a LAUNCH EDITION gladiator that someone maybe backed out on or the dealership ordered?"
I went to 2 dealers - they both said YES!
one had a Black One and 1 had a White one. I bought the white one for a great price and the ORDER DATE was in March.
It was in the system... so you have no faith in that date?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arop

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possible. But they also markup the crap out of it.. especially in Los Angeles... I did get that call on the last week of March trying to get me the slot for LE at $20k markup.... Tol em to kiss my hairy big .........
interesting -

I guess I'm really trying to see if dealers got to put in orders in March - and if JEEP didn't sell all 4190, maybe the dealers would get their pre-order request filled. HOW else would my 2nd Launch Edition Truck have a March order date on it?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I had to purchase a 2nd Launch Edition truck because my slimy dealer stole mine on a technicality. (story to come soon)
When I started knocking on different JEEP dealears in my area I asked, " Do you currently have or will you be getting a LAUNCH EDITION gladiator that someone maybe backed out on or the dealership ordered?"
one had a Black One and 1 had a White one. I bought the white one for a great price and the ORDER DATE was in March.
When you say "the system", what system?

I have no faith in the dates on the order tracker on this forum (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.15238). Information is based solely on what members entered. You can enter any order date you choose.

I don't have any insight into the dealer order system, or what dates are shown on that.

With initial Pre-Spec builds, those showed order dates of Jan 20 (long before anyone could order) on the build sheets. Jeep placed those internal orders to get the builds/production line started without a target dealer or buyer.

So if the LEs show an order date before 4/4, it's completely possible that Jeep started making a low quantity of LEs without them being allocated to a specific dealer or buyer (and could have changed that once the initial LE orders were placed). They obviously built a few LEs before the launch announcement on 4/1 for the promo video & photos.

OP
OP
Arop

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say "the system", what system?

I have no faith in the dates on the order tracker on this forum (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.15238). Information is based solely on what members entered. You can enter any order date you choose.

I don't have any insight into the dealer order system, or what dates are shown on that.

With initial Pre-Spec builds, those showed order dates of Jan 20 (long before anyone could order) on the build sheets. Jeep placed those internal orders to get the builds/production line started without a target dealer or buyer.

So if the LEs show an order date before 4/4, it's completely possible that Jeep started making a low quantity of LEs without them being allocated to a specific dealer or buyer (and could have changed that once the initial LE orders were placed). They obviously built a few LEs before the launch announcement on 4/1 for the promo video & photos.
upload_2019-6-18_18-21-28.png

that is from cryptostickers and matches my dealer sheet...

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
upload_2019-6-18_18-21-28.png

that is from cryptostickers and matches my dealer sheet...
cryptostickers is YakPimp's web site he set up for the tracker. Same data/same info. Someone entered your vehicle info on that site.

What it really comes down to is what is on your dealer sheet, and what sheet you are referring to. I'm assuming by dealer sheet you mean priced order confirmation sheet. Here's a snipet from a POC for a pre-spec build someone sent me before a single JT was shipped to dealers. Order date shows 1/23, with a dealer as a destination. That dealer didn't order it...Jeep built it and somewhere along the way assigned it to that dealer.

upload_2019-6-18_15-35-9.png

Not denying that your LE could have been placed in the Jeep build system prior to 4/4 (esp if your POC shows an order date before 4/4), but just showing that it very easily could have been Jeep that placed the "order" and not the dealer.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but who knows?

I did share my story though. I did the reservation on 4/4, received the email, and then never got a call. I assumed I was too late and all 4190 were taken. Then Jeep said there would be a waitlist, so I thought maybe I'd get on that. Then, in May, I received an email that said my LE was still reserved as they hadn't seen an order from my assigned dealer and I had until May 17 to finalize my order. So I confirmed it and found a dealer that gave me a great price and placed my order.

I suspect that, from a planning standpoint, Jeep entered orders for all 4190 LEs, along with all the other units they were building to ship. These would, in my mind, provide proper sourcing and planning for manufacture.

I also believe the process Jeep used to assign local dealers to LE reservations created an issue as buyers went to other dealers, didn't wait for the Concierge call, etc.... I believe this inflated the units sold between orders placed and reservations. Meaning there were duplicates.

I would guess there are several that haven't been sold and have been/will be assigned to dealers as inventory.

I don't think it's a conspiracy of dealers ordering them though. Of course, I've been wrong before.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Do you have it already? Pics please.

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I know that two LEs were ordered by dealer staff when I got mine. My guess is those two have a decent chance of hitting the lot once they show up and the person who ordered it "changed their mind." I try and be glass half full, but it wouldn't surprise me if they ordered just to have a couple to sell on the lot.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Not everyone who ordered an LE can afford one or has good credit to finance one or a life situation happened and can’t take delivery of one. Impulse buying, after a few months to think about it, can warp the mind. Dealers that took a deposit are happy too since they’ll be able to ADM and collect even more profit. FCA is also happy because everyone of the LE is a customer sold order.

OP
OP
Arop

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cryptostickers is YakPimp's web site he set up for the tracker. Same data/same info. Someone entered your vehicle info on that site.

What it really comes down to is what is on your dealer sheet, and what sheet you are referring to. I'm assuming by dealer sheet you mean priced order confirmation sheet. Here's a snipet from a POC for a pre-spec build someone sent me before a single JT was shipped to dealers. Order date shows 1/23, with a dealer as a destination. That dealer didn't order it...Jeep built it and somewhere along the way assigned it to that dealer.

upload_2019-6-18_15-35-9.png

Not denying that your LE could have been placed in the Jeep build system prior to 4/4 (esp if your POC shows an order date before 4/4), but just showing that it very easily could have been Jeep that placed the "order" and not the dealer.
Thanks for all the feedback.... YES my POC sheet from the dealer said the March Date. Like you said, maybe it was Jeep who put it in... But 10 days before the launch?
I really didn't understand it...

OP
OP
Arop

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but who knows?

I did share my story though. I did the reservation on 4/4, received the email, and then never got a call. I assumed I was too late and all 4190 were taken. Then Jeep said there would be a waitlist, so I thought maybe I'd get on that. Then, in May, I received an email that said my LE was still reserved as they hadn't seen an order from my assigned dealer and I had until May 17 to finalize my order. So I confirmed it and found a dealer that gave me a great price and placed my order.

I suspect that, from a planning standpoint, Jeep entered orders for all 4190 LEs, along with all the other units they were building to ship. These would, in my mind, provide proper sourcing and planning for manufacture.

I also believe the process Jeep used to assign local dealers to LE reservations created an issue as buyers went to other dealers, didn't wait for the Concierge call, etc.... I believe this inflated the units sold between orders placed and reservations. Meaning there were duplicates.

I would guess there are several that haven't been sold and have been/will be assigned to dealers as inventory.

I don't think it's a conspiracy of dealers ordering them though. Of course, I've been wrong before.
Great insight. I would hope the answer is as simple as this.... So it sounds like JEEP could have possibly put in all the trucks prior to 4-4... I hope that's what it was.
Sponsored