Sponsored

Is LED package worth it? OEM vs Oracle output?

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
OEM LED Package. They are very good and you are not going to get better for all the hassle of modifying later 👍
Sponsored

RobGold 2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Landscaping/ Construction
I had the stock halogens and my father in law has the factory LED on his JL. the Oracles have a further distance and are brighter in my opinion.

7B718085-D60D-40B2-85EB-DE5BA9E40FA5.jpeg

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
Factory LED package, but swap rears for Oracle flush mount. Sell factory LED rears to offset the cost.
Buy the factory LED's. You don't have to install anything. They are very good. The clowns who want to steal your Oracles aren't worth the trouble.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Another vote for factory. They're bright and I don't really see myself ever needing anything brighter. Also they come installed already and with a full parts and labor warranty. The factory LEDs were a must for me when I was ordering my JT.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
You'll be happy with the factory LEDs. The only thing I want to upgrade to are amber fog lamps but that's more of a visual thing for me.

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Buy the factory LED's. You don't have to install anything. They are very good. The clowns who want to steal your Oracles aren't worth the trouble.
I did get the factory LEDs.

Oracle rears are ordered. I don't have trouble in my neighborhood.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Got shipping notification for my Oracle Tail Lights! If they look as good in person I would say aftermarket is the way to go. almost hit my halogen on a trail over the weekend.

34aggiec

First Name
Aggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Director in Ed Tech
+1 for the factory LED's. I had the standard headlights on my '18 JLUR, and upgraded to the OEM LED's later on. Night/day difference. When I was shopping for my JT, this was a must-have option. Aftermarket lights may be just as good, but you'll usually save yourself some time/money just getting them from the factory. Upgrading later on may not be as cost-effective for a same/similar quality light.
Were you able to find replacements for the DRL and turn signal lamps? We trying to find them for our Overland.

34aggiec

First Name
Aggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Director in Ed Tech
ima go against the grain here & say go with the Oracle Occulus.. I have only been side by side with the OEM LED's once & I didnt snap any pictures, but the cutoff & brightness were both clearly better on the oracle's.

Beyond that look at everything else..
Tail Lights - was I think 30 bucks to replace with LED bulbs from oracle.
Front turn signals/DRL's - Get replaced with aftermarket fenders or a high line fender kit anyway so if your not planning to leave the stock fenders stock then your paying for something you aren't going to use.
Interior light's - Honestly I have no opinion here. I suppose I have the incandescent's, but haven't noticed a need for more light, unlike the headlights which was a glaring need from the stock Halogen's.

I also replaced my Fog's with Oracle's. So all in for lighting I have spent about 705 bucks on my aftermarket LED's (headlight's, fog lights & tail lights) instead of 1040 on the factory ones.

I do prefer the appearance of the factory ones vs the Occolus bug eye look, but I absolutely love the performance & the super clean cut off of the Oracle's.
So you are saying to replace the DRL/turn signal lams with LED version, you have to change the fenders?

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Were you able to find replacements for the DRL and turn signal lamps? We trying to find them for our Overland.
I bought a set of salvage take-offs OEM LED fender DRL's off eBay for a very reasonable price. They were in perfect condition. My JL was a Rubicon, so I didn't have to replace the fenders for the LED swap, because the incandescent lights on it were the same size. I think the Sport fenders have a different size lamp.

Then, I found a set of refurbished OEM LED headlights on eBay. The company I bought those from offered a jumper wire harness for the LED halo lights that plugged into the factory harness at the lamp, then it had a plug that ran to the fuse panel under the hood for power. I believe it was the fuse for the cigarette lighter plug on the dash that powered them. This worked perfectly. If you install the actual Mopar harness for this, it requires you to run it through the firewall. The company is called Headlighthaven on eBay.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
factory LED if its included. By that, I mean I wouldn't pay anything extra for the factory LED but it does perform really well and I wouldn't change it if it was already there.

I replaced all my factory halogen with Oracle LED, except the side lamps, which oracle doesn't make for some reason. I have some oem look sequentials on order for the side lamps. All my other bulbs are now LED. It really does all look OEM quality and was about $300 cheaper overall.

The oracle LED fogs are brighter than the OEM led fogs...a lot brighter. Side by side with my brothers jeep it was a no questions asked comparison.

OEM to Oracle headlights were about the same brightness with the edge going to OEM. the Oracles have a WAY sharper cut off and they do seem to cast a longer light field despite maybe being less bright. (My brother thinks its the difference in color.)

When comparing OEM headlight + OEM fog to Oracle headlight + Oracle FOG, Oracle was definitely brighter.

They are also both white light, just different shades of white. I really cant say one shade looks better than the other.

Last, Oracle wins on tail lights. They just look better and are unquestionably brighter.
Sponsored