Sponsored

Is ordering a Gladiator like playing Russian Roulette?

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some members have reported test driving multiple Gladiators on dealer lots and experiencing some that drive good and others that wander all over the road. If you order one what will you get? It seems like you have to sort them out by driving them before making a commitment. I've ordered trucks before but never tried to cancel one after driving it. Anyone members here do that? What would the dealers do if you said "Don't like this one get me another"?
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Yep, everything you said.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
What would the dealers do if you said "Don't like this one get me another"?
My deal would specify me being satisfied with the test drive/inspection of the truck.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
If I ordered one, prior to signing the deliver docs, I would take the JT for a long test drive. If you are not satisfied, I would not take delivery.
I gave up on ordering vehicles years ago. What option combo do you want to order that is not available in inventory?

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I ordered and looked at the paperwork I signed. It's not a contract, so they can't force me to buy it. The worst they could do is keep my deposit and refuse to order a new one.

How prevalent is the steering problem, really? I've seen a bunch of complaints, but I don't have a feel for how many vehicles that really translates to.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Some members have reported test driving multiple Gladiators on dealer lots and experiencing some that drive good and others that wander all over the road. If you order one what will you get? It seems like you have to sort them out by driving them before making a commitment. I've ordered trucks before but never tried to cancel one after driving it. Anyone members here do that? What would the dealers do if you said "Don't like this one get me another"?
What’s the point of your post?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Love mine, if I had to get another I would make sure I wanted a good drive out of it first. That would be the heart of the deal.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
How prevalent is the steering problem, really? I've seen a bunch of complaints, but I don't have a feel for how many vehicles that really translates to.
(in my experience) it's not like the Jeep is going to drive itself all over the road. Steering is a little loose when centered and you should be able to adapt to it. Any perceived variation in steering is more likely due to individual drivers having different levels of tolerance, and less likely due to inconsistencies in manufacturing, especially when manufacturing is highly automated and computer controlled.

I wouldn't hesitate to special order a JT, that's what I did. But definitely test drive one or two before ordering.

OP
OP

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s the point of your post?

tenor.gif
The point is to raise awareness to new buyers to really check these out before purchasing one. Once all the bad ones get rejected at the dealer soon the dealer lots will be full of bad ones. They only get to have so many on their lot, so it's not like they can just keep ordering them and once their lots are full of crappy trucks sales will tank. Then the dealers will start complaining to the corporate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(in my experience) it's not like the Jeep is going to drive itself all over the road. Steering is a little loose when centered and you should be able to adapt to it. Any perceived variation in steering is more likely due to individual drivers having different levels of tolerance, and less likely due to inconsistencies in manufacturing, especially when manufacturing is highly automated and computer controlled.

I wouldn't hesitate to special order a JT, that's what I did. But definitely test drive one or two before ordering.
Come drive my jeep.

I want the opinion of someone who thinks it's my lack of tolerance.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The point is to raise awareness to new buyers to really check these out before purchasing one. Once all the bad ones get rejected at the dealer soon the dealer lots will be full of bad ones. They only get to have so many on their lot, so it's not like they can just keep ordering them and once their lots are full of crappy trucks sales will tank. Then the dealers will start complaining to the corporate.

tenor.gif

You dreaming bro?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Come drive my jeep.

I want the opinion of someone who thinks it's my lack of tolerance.
Oh, I see now. You have an issue with your Gladiator. Did you already start a thread on the issues you're having? Did you take it in to the dealer? How many times? Have you escalated the issue to corporate? What actions have you taken to address the issues?

OP
OP

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I see now. You have an issue with your Gladiator. Did you already start a thread on the issues you're having? Did you take it in to the dealer? How many times? Have you escalated the issue to corporate? What actions have you taken to address the issues?
You've been on the thread "Loose Steering", so the answers to all of your questions I've posted there.

Have you keep up on that thread? It's been discovered that the frame is flexing where the steering box is mounted.

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
You've been on the thread "Loose Steering", so the answers to all of your questions I've posted there.

Have you keep up on that thread? It's been discovered that the frame is flexing where the steering box is mounted.
The frame flex has nothing to do with the bad steering boxes. FYI. And you can install the synergy brace for around $200 to solve that issue.
Sponsored