Is Reaction score different than likes?

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
The running total of a member's "Likes" has been replaced with "Reaction score", does it mean the same thing?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The running total of a member's "Likes" has been replaced with "Reaction score", does it mean the same thing?
I bet reaction sore includes any reaction, thumbs up, sad face, mad face, ect. But pretty sure all of your likes got dumped into there, plus any NEW reactions moving forward.

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
I bet reaction sore includes any reaction, thumbs up, sad face, mad face, ect. But pretty sure all of your likes got dumped into there, plus any NEW reactions moving forward.
Exactly right. The reactions can be configured so that the Sad or Angry reactions reduce reaction score, but we haven't. They neither add nor subtract from the reaction score, while the Like, Love, Haha reactions are a +1.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Exactly right. The reactions can be configured so that the Sad or Angry reactions reduce reaction score, but we haven't. They neither add nor subtract from the reaction score, while the Like, Love, Haha reactions are a +1.
Oh interesting on the sad/angry not affecting the score. Sometimes a post genuinely makes me sad (like, IDK, talking about adding another shade of gray...) but it still feels like it should count as a 'positive' reaction on the user's score. 🤔

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
When you get enough of them you can say this....

Jeep Gladiator Is Reaction score different than likes? SallyField3
Sponsored