Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTM Hydro Pearl Blue, 2022 JTR Gobi tan
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
personally I believe so. When it came to market it just didn't appeal to normal midsize truck guys. Now powerplant wise it falls behind the competition. Stellantis now has to decide if they will update it to keep up, which would raise the price again. or just hold a pillow over its head. The issue is they built too much and need to sell to make up for thier cost of production. Most people only bought specific trims and packages anyway. which leaves a lot of base model no tow package trucks that will now have to be sold to rental companies at a discount. Stellantis was on to something but they executed one too many things wrong. my two cents anyway.

OP
OP

TinMan2020

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Fair points…….but if you look at the sales numbers..
Jeep is DOOMED and we'll see them out of business before you know it?

The thing podcasts do to get clicks is take things they really don't know the inner workings about and spin them to sound like they do. Joe Rogan does the same thing, to the point where he argues with his own fact-checker. In this case, it's just a regurgitated Google search spun to sound interesting.

That's why these video podcasts are really, at the end of the day, just interesting background noise and shouldn't be seen as anything more than that.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Didn't someone on the forum say that they read the new contract terms that results in the Gladiator pretty much being guaranteed until 2028?

OP
OP

TinMan2020

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Jeep is DOOMED and we'll see them out of business before you know it?

The thing podcasts do to get clicks is take things they really don't know the inner workings about and spin them to sound like they do. Joe Rogan does the same thing, to the point where he argues with his own fact-checker. In this case, it's just a regurgitated Google search spun to sound interesting.

That's why these video podcasts are really, at the end of the day, just interesting background noise and shouldn't be seen as anything more than that.

lol. There is no way Jeep is going out of business anytime soon. Only a moron would think that.

With the Tacoma outselling the Gladiator last year 5 to 1 and the 2023s lined up on the lot I drive by every morning I believe this is a valid question.

I bought one last month. I sure hope it isn’t cancelled anytime soon. I enjoy the truck and want the platform supported by as many different aftermarket companies as possible.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
lol. There is no way Jeep is going out of business anytime soon. Only a moron would think that.

With the Tacoma outselling the Gladiator last year 5 to 1 and the 2023s lined up on the lot I drive by every morning I believe this is a valid question.

I bought one last month. I sure hope it isn’t cancelled anytime soon. I enjoy the truck and want the platform supported by as many different aftermarket companies as possible.
Toyota sells more camry's than BMW sells BMW's in a year, but I dont think they're cancelling the entire brand any time soon. The 55K gladiators is still an amazing profit considering the margin on these trucks is huge. The gladiator is a luxury/lifestyle truck, its never designed to outsell the pedestrian midsize work trucks, but some how it stays in the mix at a pretty high volume.

OP
OP

TinMan2020

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I guess only time will tell. I do believe the talking Head in the video has forgotten about the most important detail that happened to the industry last year. The interest rates most likely made the price point simply unaffordable for most people. Hopefully with interest rates coming down a little next year, it will help the industry.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Fair points…….but if you look at the sales numbers..

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/jeep-gladiator-sales-figures/
Sales numbers are deceiving. Aside from the industry-wide shortages last year, when was the last time you met anyone who paid even 5% off sticker for one? Dealers around here are selling Mojaves and Rubicons with an advertised price at 15% off right now.

Doesn't matter how many you sell if your margins are shit and sales like that make resale volatile. I lost less than 2k on my Tacoma when I bought the gladiator. I wish I could have said the same last week about the Gladiator.

Closet Jeep guy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd gen tacoma
Sales numbers are deceiving. Aside from the industry-wide shortages last year, when was the last time you met anyone who paid even 5% off sticker for one? Dealers around here are selling Mojaves and Rubicons with an advertised price at 15% off right now.

Doesn't matter how many you sell if your margins are shit and sales like that make resale volatile. I lost less than 2k on my Tacoma when I bought the gladiator. I wish I could have said the same last week about the Gladiator.
Did you sell your gladiator?

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Architect
It depends, if one looks at it from a CAFE point of view. Jeep introduced the long wheelbase pickup to aid in meeting specific fuel economy requirements as its easier to satisfy having a fleet of larger ICE vehicles than it is having a fleet of smaller ICE vehicles. It is also the reason they now offer the Wagoneer and the longer Grand Cherokee. If Jeep is successful at transferring many of their models to PIHV or BEV then the need for longer and wider wheelbase vehicles no longer applies.

Eggy99

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
I don’t see canceling the gladiator but it is a niche vehicle .. I think the people who want one have one and are not ready to buy another.