Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mojave is unique IMO. There is no SUV equivalent to it in the same price range. Bronco Raptor or F150 Raptor is of course superior but you can buy nearly two JT Mojaves for the price of one Bronco or F150 Raptor.
I agree.
I've not yet priced out a Mojave - my wife has already said no in the past - for one thing, the height, she's not tall, getting older like me with back, knee issues and arthritis.
We looked at one on the dealer lot when I was talking trading my 2020.

But it's one of those things where the future could change if it happened to be what we could afford and some changes made........... never say never. I also never thought I'd own a small truck. I also never thought I'd even think about anything with high voltage and a charger. No way, never happening, forget it....... and then.........
I also think that since it would have a nice ride like what we're used to with mine, it would help.

Still - a Mojave with the options I have in my Overland put it 12K+ over what I paid for my JTO.
That's awfully hard to swallow for a truck with lower mpg and so on.
But then - I'm not ready for a trade. At this point though, it's the closest I can come to the exact same options only better (wider axles, etc.)

It would be a while before I'm ready to trade but ironically my wife has already asked me how long we've had my JT, how many miles are on it, how many payments we have left and so on.

Hey, if you have the formula for figuring out women - I'm all ears and would owe you endlessly.

EDIT: holy crap! That price was with manual transmission! When I added 2 grand for the automatic it took out the cold weather group! You can't buy a Mojave with an automatic and cold weather group? What #@$%#@ moronic idiot thought of that one?
Well, then that lets out the Mojave! It jumps the price by a couple of grand making it about 14K over my Overland and no cold weather group. Forget that bull crap.

Edit again - I added the cold weather group back in and it appears to have left the automatic transmission but the price jumped up again - now easily almost 16K over my JTO.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is, always has been, and always be a niche market vehicle.

The craze of the last few years was a hiccup and the Jeep market will settle back into it's normal place.

AMC bought Jeep from Kaiser. Chrysler bought Jeep from AMC. FCA continued Jeep when they bought Chrysler. Stellantis continued Jeep when they bought FCA.

They all see the committed (or should be committed) cult following of the Jeep brand and know there is money to be made.
It's been said that Jeep would be no more - would have fallen, bankrupt or worse, had they not literally talked AMC into a purchase - a purchase which AMC leadership originally said "NO" to.

Somehow it will survive.

Hey, is Harley still around making bikes?

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
there's zero reason to buy one over a Tacoma... especially now that the Taco has much more power.
My work truck ( daily, provided by company ) is a '23 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I absolutely hate it. Drives like a boring Camry, sluggish AF transmission, it's literally a total bore.

I guess if I were 80 I'd appreciate the "comfort" provided by the mushy suspension, lazy trans, and couch seats that have 0 lateral support...

Haven't taken it offroad yet ( I do go offroad for work ) but there is no way it will out class my Mojave off road. I seriously hate the damn thing.

Do Toyota owners average sub 6 foot tall? I am 6'2", the steering wheel does not go up nearly enough. It's all the way up and out and it's in my lap. Power seat all the way down. Jeep is fine. The wheel is small too.

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
It's been said that Jeep would be no more - would have fallen, bankrupt or worse, had they not literally talked AMC into a purchase - a purchase which AMC leadership originally said "NO" to.

Somehow it will survive.

Hey, is Harley still around making bikes?
Yes, they are still making outdated, under powered, overweight, and overpriced bikes. 🤣

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
But Iacocca was no dummy, and when AMC was absorbed into Chrysler, everyone knew the Comanche was a goner.
Took him five years before it was cancelled. Figured a guy that had a supposed chubby to cancel Commanche would have been able to bring that about quicker rather than drag it out for 5 years.

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
I hope they don’t cancel the Gladiator. I won’t be able to get one until 2025 or 2026. I have to finish some remodeling first. Learning so much from you guys on this site BTW!
Don't worry, the 23s will have even bigger discounts by then!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Took him five years before it was cancelled. Figured a guy that had a supposed chubby to cancel Commanche would have been able to bring that about quicker rather than drag it out for 5 years.
Who knows - UAW contracts, supplier contracts? Other logistics?
It would be all speculation unless I can tag one of the AMC people to insert some first-hand knowledge into it. There's still some of them around.

They even kept producing Eagle through the 1988 model year.

I think it was funny seeing both AMC and Chrysler stickers and decals under the hood of mine.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Who says that they're selling the 22's? ;)
The dealership we've been using has exactly TWO (2) new Gladiators -
A 2023 Sport S and a 2024 Mojave X

I may have to go drool on some fender flares.

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mojave X
The dealership we've been using has exactly TWO (2) new Gladiators -
A 2023 Sport S and a 2024 Mojave X

I may have to go drool on some fender flares.
What color Mojave? Pics or it’s not there.

Don’t mind the drool.

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
all this speculation makes me weary. I love my 22 JTO and have no real concerns over the future of the model.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I wouldn’t be too concerned until they start gearing up for the next Dakota.
Sponsored