Sponsored

Is the Willys model worth it?

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
The Willy's in the JK got lower gears(although not as low as Rubi) than the regular model. That ended with the JL. I was hoping the JT Willy's would get lower gears(I mean max tow has the Rubi ones why not the Willy's), when I saw it was same as regular JT's I decided agin it. 2021 Max Tow in garage.
Sponsored

jfreeham

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
287 Deep Forest Rd., Wilderness, MO 63941
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
When we were shopping for our Gladiator, the number one thing of importance was towing capability, so that meant a Sport S/Max Tow Package, which made the decision as to which model to purchase much easier for us. We like it decision and have no complaints at all.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It has the smallest (and oldest) tires you can possibly get on a JT. That's a hard no for me.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
It has the smallest (and oldest) tires you can possibly get on a JT. That's a hard no for me.
I was curious about the tires too. You seem to get a mixed review when bringing them up. Some say they’re great and some say awful. I take it you’re not a fan! Ha

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Tires are one of the easiest things to change, surprised the stock tires would carry any weight with someone when choosing a option package or trim level.

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I think the package looks great and those tires would do better off-road than all but the wildpeak MT from factory. At least it has the regular tow package so 6,000# . It would wheel best behind Rubicon & Mojave out of the box. It’s all a matter of your needs & wants

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
The Willys Sport and Willys are nice packages, they would be close to perfect if you could get the 4.10 max tow like the Sport and Sport S have.

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
The Willys Sport and Willys are nice packages, they would be close to perfect if you could get the 4.10 max tow like the Sport and Sport S have.

That is to assume people aren't getting the manual transmission which is the reason for getting the willys sport version.

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I have a Willy's and love it the tires walk a little at highway speeds but not bad. It was worth it to me and I looked forever. It was the best looking package to me without getting into the upper 40k range with the Rubicon or Mojave packages.
Jeep Gladiator Is the Willys model worth it? 20201003_182400

Sponsored

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Really like the look of the Willys and planned to buy one, 6 speed manual was fantastic. However payload was only 1052 lbs. I thought it would have been higher with the manual?

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I have a Willy's and love it the tires walk a little at highway speeds but not bad. It was worth it to me and I looked forever. It was the best looking package to me without getting into the upper 40k range with the Rubicon or Mojave packages.
Jeep Gladiator Is the Willys model worth it? 20201003_182400
What color is that?

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Really like the look of the Willys and planned to buy one, 6 speed manual was fantastic. However payload was only 1052 lbs. I thought it would have been higher with the manual?
Difference in curb weight is only 20 lbs.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Sport S with a manual had a 1607 lb payload, looks like the Willys is out of the running for me.
Sponsored