Sponsored

Is there a fuse for the fog lights, if there, I can't find it.

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

I swapped the stock plastic bumper on my 2021 Rubicon, for a brand new factory steel Rubicon bumper when I installed the winch. The steel bumper came with LED fog lights, the plastic bumper had Halogen, at the time I did the swap I didn't know about the different lights, I plugged the steel bumper wire into the wire coming from the truck, turned on the fog lights, they worked, I shut them off, they haven't worked since.

So I bought a TAZER, read here on this forum and in an email from TAZER that the TAZER would allow the LED fog lights to work. I installed the TAZER, followed the instructions, the LED fog lights do not work, I redid the TAZER three times in case I missed something, lights don't work. So I either screwed up the TAZER install, must have burnt out a fuse if there is one, or burnt out the LED bulbs.

Looked for and can't find a fuse, don't have the knowledge or tools to do any testing, so kinda turning in the wind at this point. If there is a fuse sure would like to know where or what number it is. Thanks for any advise you can give.

Dave
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy All,

I swapped the stock plastic bumper on my 2021 Rubicon, for a brand new factory steel Rubicon bumper when I installed the winch. The steel bumper came with LED fog lights, the plastic bumper had Halogen, at the time I did the swap I didn't know about the different lights, I plugged the steel bumper wire into the wire coming from the truck, turned on the fog lights, they worked, I shut them off, they haven't worked since.

So I bought a TAZER, read here on this forum and in an email from TAZER that the TAZER would allow the LED fog lights to work. I installed the TAZER, followed the instructions, the LED fog lights do not work, I redid the TAZER three times in case I missed something, lights don't work. So I either screwed up the TAZER install, must have burnt out a fuse if there is one, or burnt out the LED bulbs.

Looked for and can't find a fuse, don't have the knowledge or tools to do any testing, so kinda turning in the wind at this point. If there is a fuse sure would like to know where or what number it is. Thanks for any advise you can give.

Dave
26 and 29 are "exterior lights" but there's nothing for fog lights per se. It's all run through the same fuses and headlight switch. Nothing for "fog lights" that I've ever noted.
I don't know the tazer method, I know that the software like jscan and alfaobd can easily do it so maybe a tazer user has some tips.

Doubt it's a fuse, though.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
26 and 29 are "exterior lights" but there's nothing for fog lights per se. It's all run through the same fuses and headlight switch. Nothing for "fog lights" that I've ever noted.
I don't know the tazer method, I know that the software like jscan and alfaobd can easily do it so maybe a tazer user has some tips.

Doubt it's a fuse, though.
Howdy Bill,

Thanks for your reply, I am just hoping I didn't burn something up and that I had just popped a fuse.

Dave

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I would first test the fog light wires for voltage. That would narrow down where the problem is.

No voltage = problem with factory wiring/fuses/settings.

Voltage = problem with the lights.

Knowing this would help eliminate certain possibilities and focus your efforts.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I would first test the fog light wires for voltage. That would narrow down where the problem is.

No voltage = problem with factory wiring/fuses/settings.

Voltage = problem with the lights.

Knowing this would help eliminate certain possibilities and focus your efforts.
Good point - and me being me, I'd probably use a couple of small jumper wires I have laying around and hook up to a 12v battery to see if the lights work.
I did that with the ones that came with my Chinese bumper (man, those babies are bright) and with the DiodeDynamics lights after they arrived to make sure I wasn't putting dead lights in the bumper. They worked before going in so any problem would be caused by my install, or a problem with the truck.

.............Another reason everyone who does any of their own stuff, no matter how minor, should own a volt meter, even a $15 walmart meter is fine for these things.
Sponsored