Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I was reading the Wrangler Forum and the following attachment was found under the dash. it appears to be a dealer installed GPS tracker. I would suggest we all look under the dash and see if you too are being tracked. Although this appeared to have occurred in Colorado; in California, it is a felony to install a tracker on a motor vehicle without the registered owners consent, and once a vehicle is purchased, the dealer no longer has any legal authority to place a tracker on it. Quite frankly, it pisses me off that a dealer would hide such a device on any motor vehicle. My investigative firm has such devices and occasionally, we use them for LEGAL purposes only and not to spy on the activities of a private party. I ran the FCC info and this is: FCC ID Application Date Product Purpose Application Type; 2ASKH-AQA01 2021-03-02: Battery Operated LTE Cellular GPS Tracker Original Equipment: 2ASKHAQG01 2021-02-08: Arrow-VI Original Equipment: 2ASKHDL01 2020-07-20: Battery Operated LTE Cellular GPS Tracker Original Equipment: 2ASKHBT01 2020-07-14: DoorSense Original Equipment: 2ASKHALT01
Jeep Gladiator Is there a GPS Tracker on your Jeep? Jeep GPS
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Clear Lake Dodge Jeep Ram here in the Houston area also puts them in their vehicles (or some sort of GPS system). They informed me before hand though. I have an app to track the vehicle trips, engine cycles, gas level, battery level, etc etc. Not mad at it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There have been multiple threads on this. Mopar sells the tracker as an add-on option. Many dealers install them to track inventory. The one on mine came with a three year paid subscription for access. If the car is being leased, only the permission from the leasing company is required if the tracker remains active when it leaves the dealer lot. Most of the trackers are never accessed after the vehicle is sold.

If you are concerned about being tracked, get rid of your smartphone. It is always on and reporting your location.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I would imagine these would be there for some dealer add-ons like LoJack, right? I assume that uses some type of GPS signaling? There is probably a slew of others (like DailyMoparGuy mentioned)

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
What you found is likely one of a few that are on-board.

The telematics in new vehicles and heavy equipment are robust. Many models have it built in to the ecm/bcm/pcm/radio. In any one or multiple of the aforementioned and canā€™t merely be unplugged.

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
No need for a tracker if you have a smartphone. If you donā€™t turn certain settings off it will learn you better than you.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you have SiriusXM you have a tracker because if you vehicle is stolen you can find it.

Also if disconnect your smart phone from apple CarPlay or android auto using Google maps, if you re open the map it will show you where your vehicle is parked.

This isnā€™t new, most cars have a tracker built into the GPS and security system in the vehicle.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Same story as @FutureOdin. I have a login and should the vehicle be stolen can be a lifesaver. Also got a reduction on my insurance premium for having it installed.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
If you have the navigation, then you'll also have a GPS tracker.
Even without Navigation, there's a GPS system to run the compass & set the clock.

Does it have a tracker built in?

Who knows.........

Kevin

Last edited:

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
Dealer told me there was one in mine.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Found one in mine today that I didnā€™t know about
Jeep Gladiator Is there a GPS Tracker on your Jeep? 69E5404F-D216-4985-8747-041A687A1920

Last edited:

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
On top of all the OEM nav systems in my Jeep, I have a self installed MetroMile OBD2 module used to track milage for insurance.

Last edited:

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
On top of all the OEM nav systems in my Jeep, I have a self installed MetroMile ODB2 module used to track milage for insurance.
OBD2 (not Ol' Dirty Bastard )
Sponsored