Sponsored

Is there a reason none of the Gladiators I see at dealers don't have the front trail camera option?

Valve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Power Wagon
I haven't been able to find any Gladiator that has that option. Is that option not available yet?
Sponsored

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I would think this is an option that not many people would use, the truth is most Rubicons never see the trail. I think they put the options like remote start and heated seats that more people will buy. I ordered mine with the camera.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I haven't been able to find any Gladiator that has that option. Is that option not available yet?
Because the pre-specs builds on the lots right now were specified by Jeep. If you want certain options, you best bet is a custom order rather than hoping something hits the lots with exactly what you want.

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
They could be in short supply from the supplier since they had to allocate 4,190+ for LEs.

Sponsored

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player
Oddly I did NOT want the front camera on my Rubicon and all the dealers in the GTA Ontario seem to be getting them this way... I was able to tweak an I coming FCA spec dealer unit and remove the camera.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Oddly I did NOT want the front camera on my Rubicon and all the dealers in the GTA Ontario seem to be getting them this way... I was able to tweak an I coming FCA spec dealer unit and remove the camera.
How did you remove it?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I would think this is an option that not many people would use, the truth is most Rubicons never see the trail. I think they put the options like remote start and heated seats that more people will buy. I ordered mine with the camera.
X2

You don't have to go to Moab to use it, works GREAT in parking lots where your front bumper hit some stupid sign...

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
How did you remove it?
My take is he had the factory order modified to delete the option

Sponsored

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Card-Player
My take is he had the factory order modified to delete the option
So folks! First... I'm a she... but that's a minor technicality...

How it worked: My dealer had a a lot of pull with this and made a deal with FCA to allow them to make modifications to 5 of the 8 prespec units they were assigned so we took a unit that had not hit D1 status yet and I changed it to how I wanted on April 27th. It is set to ship May 26th.

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Card-Player
You can do that? Isn’t that a pre-spec?
Here are the window stickers of mid change and final choices from the issued unit. Notice same vin. I didn't get a screen shot of the original build spec but have it on paper at home from the dealer.

After a few changes until she hit D1 status: I ended up deleting the trail cam and proximity key but added just about every option I could (except the steel bumper which is not currently available and mud tires/rims because it will be a commuter/mall crawler for the first sets lifespan then going bigger).

14 days until she ships!!!

These are Canadian prices btw.

20190504_161124.jpg
Screenshot_20190512-122239_Adobe Acrobat.jpg