Sponsored

Is there a way to roll windows up remotely?

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
So I’m at work, away from my car and it’s raining. I have remote start and unlock on the Uconnect app. Could I remote start the vehicle and remote unlock vehicle, so a buddy could roll the windows up?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m at work, away from my car and it’s raining. I have remote start and unlock on the Uconnect app. Could I remote start the vehicle and remote unlock vehicle, so a buddy could roll the windows up?
No, there's no remote window control. The FOB has to be in the truck to operate them. Nothing works, except the radio and climate control, when the remote start is used, until the FOB is in the truck and the start button is pressed.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
If you have one of the FOB's in the jeep then it will not lock by hand . But can be remote locked. I sometimes leave a FOB in the Jeep and then leave windows Up or down in the driveway depending on if I intend on getting in it when I get home .then I will unlock it from where I am through the app then daughter can go out and roll the windows up or down & use the Jeep if need be . I have done this many times. Then she text me when she is done and I simply lock it back with the app.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3 year old thread now a zombie but I'm confused as to why because it's nothing to do with the original question at all - you can't do a remove window up/down without an added device which will allow it with the FOB.

The OP was at work over 3 years ago, asking about remote window operation.

There IS a solution for anyone interested - but the vehicle has to be close enough to respond to the FOB signal.
Sponsored