Sponsored

Is there some kind of 'rivalry' with Tacoma owners??

ResurrectionManNH

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Defense Contractor
Hey all, have had 2 aggressive experiences with Toyota Tacomas over the last couple weeks. First one, I'm just cruising in the middle lane on the highway and this Tacoma comes flying up behind me in the middle lane riding my ass for a minute or so - and I mean close - then quickly goes into left passing lane and flies around me at about 90 mph. Highway was empty at the time. Then yesterday I was sitting in traffic coming up to a traffic circle and another Tacoma keeps lurching forward behind me inches from my bumper then on the other side of the circle there is an on-ramp to the highway and this guy flies around me over the white lines and goes up to easily 90 or more through the on-ramp cutting me off and onto highway. Maybe just a coincidence with 2 asshole Tacoma owners? Never had an experience like this in my JL. Maybe they see that I have a diesel and want to race? Who knows...
Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
No it is jealousy and seriously doubt they are reaching 90mph that quickly because Tacoma’s though reliable are
Seriously underpowered.
I have similar things happen, even some flipping me off. Right after getting my JT I had a Yota owner do this. At the light we rolled down windows and I asked what that was for? He said it is his Jeep wave! 🤣

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I'm surprised a Tacoma could reach 90mph. Lol

Seriously though I have never experienced anything like that. The only thing close to it I get is the diesel brodozers with deep dish bling bling wheels and tiny tires pulling up next to me revving their engines and flying off.

You go boy

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Idiots in all kinds of vehicles, I generally don’t care about vehicles behind if tailgating I will just move over.

UncleChanBlake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Education
There are going to be idiots in any type of vehicle.
Agreed. Personally I've never had a problem with a Tacoma owner. As a group, they've always been very nice from my experience. I see no rivalry. They are more comrades.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Far as I'm concerned, as the last two manual trucks left on the market you'd think they'd consider the gladiator kin rather than rivals. But there's no limits to tribalism. I remember when I took a dealer mannequin bronco out for a spin, most the wranglers I saw were friendly. A select few flipped me off... why?

Love what you love, respect what you respect, wave to who you want to wave to, and if you don't like something keep your mouth shut.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If you would have said Dodge truck I would have agreed. There is not a bigger core of assholes around than those that drive Rams.
Ram2500 drivers are the most likely drivers to have a former DUI conviction out of any other model of car on the road.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
He's probably just jealous. Toyota objectively makes the worst truck in the segment in every conceivable category. Reliability is a myth and everything else you can rate trucks on the Toyota is dead last. Screw those fan boys. I wish I had a $5 bill for every time I've wheeled my Jeeps with my buddy in his Tacoma all weekend and then had to tow him home on a trailer with the same Jeep after he broke.

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
If you would have said Dodge truck I would have agreed. There is not a bigger core of assholes around than those that drive Rams.
i was looking at a ram rebel at one point, and decided against it for that reason… and the gas mileage. In my area, most people that drive lifted or modded Rams tend to be that way.Not all of course, but a disproportionate amount. “Yee yee” …. And if you get that reference you know what I am taking about. They all have it across the back window!
Sponsored