First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Found a soft top on Facebook marketplace but no part numbers listed. Does this look like how a premium soft top would come packaged with the Jeep and does the material look right for premium?

Jeep Gladiator Is this a premium soft top? 1641653059505

Jeep Gladiator Is this a premium soft top? 1641653146683

Jeep Gladiator Is this a premium soft top? 1641653161052
Sponsored

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Looks correct to me. My top came in a huge box in the bed and what you have there looks like what was in that huge box. The seller probably just got rid of the large box. It has been to long so I don't remember if everything is there in the picture. But, there should have been a cardboard template for assembling the 3 piece plastic trim that the bolts where the hard top bolted down (6 bolts) to the tub. Maybe it is not pictured, but you could assemble it without the template.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks correct to me. My top came in a huge box in the bed and what you have there looks like what was in that huge box. The seller probably just got rid of the large box. It has been to long so I don't remember if everything is there in the picture. But, there should have been a cardboard template for assembling the 3 piece plastic trim that the bolts where the hard top bolted down (6 bolts) to the tub. Maybe it is not pictured, but you could assemble it without the template.
Does this involve drilling if my model wasn't built with soft top in the build?

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I am pretty sure you won't have to drill any holes, I didn't. My truck came with both tops but all of the holes needed for the soft top were just reused from the hard top, already in the roll bar or created when you build the new frame and door surrounds. I see the instructions in the picture and that should give you a list of all the parts that came in the kit.

Just make sure you get everything you need. There should be plastic pieces to build the door surrounds.

There are several Youtube videos you can watch which would give you an idea of all the pieces. Plus the instructions have them all list and the quantity.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am pretty sure you won't have to drill any holes, I didn't. My truck came with both tops but all of the holes needed for the soft top were just reused from the hard top, already in the roll bar or created when you build the new frame and door surrounds. I see the instructions in the picture and that should give you a list of all the parts that came in the kit.

Just make sure you get everything you need. There should be plastic pieces to build the door surrounds.

There are several Youtube videos you can watch which would give you an idea of all the pieces. Plus the instructions have them all list and the quantity.
The tops (hard & premium soft) are interchangeable pretty easily right? I know bolts need removed to remove the soft top but can some of the parts be left in place to swap faster after the initial install?

Sponsored

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
You have to remove everything you put on for the soft top to put the hard top back on.
So you have to remove the door surrounds and the plastic around the tub to put the hard top back on.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
No drilling.

OP
OP

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer

Sponsored

Dave210

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Sounds like you got a great deal. I think they are like $2200 new.

You will really enjoy it, I know I did.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Congratulations… I just picked one off of Craigslist for the same $$$ today.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Funny timing. I’ve been eyeing one on marketplace as well. Difference is it’s one year old and $1100. I’m being greedy and hoping to go for $900 since it’s “used.”
Sponsored