First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Is this it? It was taped around the black insulated wires . I untaped it and pulled it down , It has a Brown, Orange , Green and Green with white strip wire colors
Jeep Gladiator Is this the trailer plug? A783DCFC-8F37-407D-9E25-7250905F52FD
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand what you mean by trailer plug? That is not the connector that a trailer would plug into.

there may be a pigtail with a connector to match what you are showing with a trailer light plug. But I don't know.

or that plug may have nothing to do with trailer lights.

One way to check if nobody helps is to put a volt meter on each contact and ground the other probe. If you get voltage off a terminal when you turn on the lights or hit the brakes, its for trailer lights.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I was meaning is this the plug to plug a trailer brake controller into . Sorry that really didnt make sense. Lol
QUOTE="dcmdon, post: 814044, member: 39121"]
I don't understand what you mean by trailer plug? That is not the connector that a trailer would plug into.

there may be a pigtail with a connector to match what you are showing with a trailer light plug. But I don't know.

or that plug may have nothing to do with trailer lights.

One way to check if nobody helps is to put a volt meter on each contact and ground the other probe. If you get voltage off a terminal when you turn on the lights or hit the brakes, its for trailer lights.
[/QUOTE]

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Is this it? It was taped around the black insulated wires . I untaped it and pulled it down , It has a Brown, Orange , Green and Green with white strip wire colors
Jeep Gladiator Is this the trailer plug? A783DCFC-8F37-407D-9E25-7250905F52FD
I am going to say it is the brake controller connection. I just purchased the Mopar controller and have attached a photo of one of the connections included in the wiring harness. The photo is a match for the connector in your picture. The end you have found should have been under the dash, drivers side, left of steering wheel when inside looking at steering wheel.

IMG_5659.JPG

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yes it is the trailer brake connector, taped with black tape around the harness, I did install the Mopar controller…..Jack

Sponsored

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I am going to say it is the brake controller connection. I just purchased the Mopar controller and have attached a photo of one of the connections included in the wiring harness. The photo is a match for the connector in your picture. The end you have found should have been under the dash, drivers side, left of steering wheel when inside looking at steering wheel.

IMG_5659.JPG
Thanks . Mine is a male connector , yours is a female, Is there anyway you could see what color the wires are coming out of the back of your plug. Just like to make sure mine are the same.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Thanks . Mine is a male connector , yours is a female, Is there anyway you could see what color the wires are coming out of the back of your plug. Just like to make sure mine are the same.
While looking at the photo I attached starting top left going clockwise: Black, white, tan with red stripe and blue.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Mine is different colors they are. Brown, Orange , Green and Green with white strip

While looking at the photo I attached starting top left going clockwise: Black, white, tan with red stripe and blue.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Mine is different colors they are. Brown, Orange , Green and Green with white strip
I should be able to look at the plug wires and see what colors are in the Gladiator tomorrow.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
That's it. Don't worry about wire colors. They only design plugs that fit together that were meant to since the 90s. You can't plug something into the wrong thing anymore.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Looking at the plug front starting top left going clockwise. Green with white stripe, Black, Green and Tan with orange stripe. I'm saying the top has the center alignment ridge.
Sponsored