Sponsored

Issues with Mopar Aux Switches and Tazer, please help.

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Hi y'all. I just had my Mopar Aux switches installed by my mechanic and we're running into an issue with getting the Tazer mini to turn those on. He had attempted to turn them on but then it put the truck in a fault mode that did not allow it to start. He reverted back and now I have two auxiliary switches that will light up, two won't, and I have an auto start/stop failure light on my dash. Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what could be wrong as to my understanding the Tazer should have no issue flashing to turn the switches on.

TIA
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Did you guys do the two sleep/wake cycles? Anytime any settings didn't work out for me it was because I forgot to do that part.

OP
OP
duvinclunk

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Did you guys do the two sleep/wake cycles? Anytime any settings didn't work out for me it was because I forgot to do that part.
I'm not sure what he did. He did the install and initial set up when we regeared and did tires a few months back. How would i go about doing that process?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure what he did. He did the install and initial set up when we regeared and did tires a few months back. How would i go about doing that process?

If you made any changes in the setup menu, be sure to scroll to “full reboot?” and “select” it. This step is critical after changing settings, or you may find that the dash doesn’t shut down, which can result in a dead battery.

Some settings require two sleep/wake cycles. The quickest way to do this is to turn the ignition off, leave the car, close the driver’s door and walk away with the key. Wait about 60 seconds AFTER the dash goes dark, then re-enter. Do this twice.

Sponsored

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
Also check fuses. I think with the aux switch install per the directions it can cause a fuse to blow.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
What fuse would that be? The auto start/stop fuse?
The AUX switch harness has like five fuses in it. Following exactly the Mopar installation instructions often leads to at least one blown fuse. The Buss connection and the fuses all have to be good or the computer update will not take.

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
Also one of the pin connectors in my “Buss” connection (orange wire I think) was loose causing an error code in my start stop.

OP
OP
duvinclunk

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR