amenges

First Name
ash
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rub, toyota FJ40, BMW M3, Fiat 500, harley chopper, BMW R1200S
Occupation
Design
Trip from North Carolina through the southern Rockies from east to west. Over engineer pass from Silverton to lake City towing our trailer the whole way if you have any doubts about the Jeep gladiator towing... see picture.. We didn't break a single bottle of wine either

IMG_20200719_111440.jpg

IMG_20200721_224717_152.jpg

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT sport / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
Did you find any decent spots on the way there for camping? I have done that trip several times and usually end up in a hotel between here and Colorado

OP
amenges

amenges

First Name
ash
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rub, toyota FJ40, BMW M3, Fiat 500, harley chopper, BMW R1200S
Occupation
Design
Did you find any decent spots on the way there for camping? I have done that trip several times and usually end up in a hotel between here and Colorado
We did. Couple of state parks and in the TN and NC mountains. Natchez Trace State Park was a nice place as was a black Mesa in Oklahoma in the panhandle

Jcsii

First Name
Clark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT sport / TJ / CJ5 / MB
Occupation
Elec Eng
I was thinking either Shelby Forest State Park (Memphis) or Petit Jean in Ark. when driving usually stop in Fort Smith. Palo Duro TX is on my list as is Mills canyon in NM.
Would like to find a spot between Denver and St. Louis so I could go out 40 and come back 70.
On the way to Sand Dunes NP went up 87 in Tx. Black Mesa might help on that trip.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement