Sponsored

I've never seen a 2dr Gladiator mockup i've ever liked before... this has changed my mind

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Quadratec JTe Jeep Gladiator First Drive: Off-Road With the Only Hybrid Two-Door in Existence (motortrend.com)

Every time someone does a render of a 2dr Gladiator, half this forum creams themselves and I've just never seen the appeal. I've never seen a render before that ever looked like the proportions were right.

This one has absolutely changed my mind, and the craziest part: it's not even a render, it's built.

I'm not saying i would pay custom fabrication money for something like this... i don't got it like that. BUT if it were mass produced at an at least semi-reasonable price point I would definitely be in line to buy.

Edit: apparently this thing has been around for 2 years. where have i been?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Quadratec JTe Jeep Gladiator First Drive: Off-Road With the Only Hybrid Two-Door in Existence (motortrend.com)

Every time someone does a render of a 2dr Gladiator, half this forum creams themselves and I've just never seen the appeal. I've never seen a render before that ever looked like the proportions were right.

This one has absolutely changed my mind, and the craziest part: it's not even a render, it's built.

I'm not saying i would pay custom fabrication money for something like this... i don't got it like that. BUT if it were mass produced at an at least semi-reasonable price point I would definitely be in line to buy.

Edit: apparently this thing has been around for 2 years. where have i been?
There is also a 2DR with a 392 in it

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
They're cool and all, but just not practical for the general public. There's no place in the cab to put all your stuff. People have turned to Pickups and SUVs because big cars and station wagons are no longer available. If the market demand was there, they would be rolling off the line in Toledo. I would like to have one, but it just doesn't work for my current needs.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Architect

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/

This is an older article but it does a pretty good job of why U.S. auto manufacturers no longer produce compact pickup trucks and station wagons. One can add sedans to the death list as well.
Short of getting this locked due to nascent political discussions, generally speaking the manufacturer's response to CAFE (or any other govt interference in the markets) regs and fines has always restricted consumer choice.

A friend had am AEV Brute years ago. He loved it, it was cool as hell but also the most impractical vehicle ever. The bed could sort of haul his motorcycles but the cab was way too small, had little adjustment in the seat for someone at or above 6ft. He sold it to get a JLU because that was somehow more practical.

Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Maybe a Gladiator-based SUV. But the narrow cabin width may be an issue. Really, if they pushed the cabin wider out to the full width of the wheels instead of having the fender flares then maybe it'd be a nice off-road SUV platform.

Bowser-II

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Maybe a Gladiator-based SUV. But the narrow cabin width may be an issue. Really, if they pushed the cabin wider out to the full width of the wheels instead of having the fender flares then maybe it'd be a nice off-road SUV platform.

There is definitely truth to this, this was a concern for us going to a Gladiator from the H3. And after test driving a handful of midsize SUVs and pickups, the difference is noticeable.

I think the purpose of the vehicle ends up making or breaking the decision.

Example, the H3 is soooo much quieter inside (till you add mud terrains), and is a very comfortable ride in nearly all conditions. Seems obvious right? But looking back at the review history when the H3 came out many overseas felt that too much space had been given up inside and so it actually felt cramped. I certainly won’t disagree.

I found the other midsize pickups were not really any better on space efficiency and the lack of the manual transmission was a killer vs the Gladiator , and while a rugged midsize SUV like a Wrangler/Gladiator but a little bigger is nice….

You will end up in Ineos territory in price and market size!

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
You mean remove the 2 doors that NEVER get used. Oh the sacrilege!

bucolic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
They're cool and all, but just not practical for the general public. There's no place in the cab to put all your stuff.
I had one of these back in the day. 1982 Ford Ranger. Talk about no room. Barely room for the driver and you and the passenger's arms touched!

Jeep Gladiator I've never seen a 2dr Gladiator mockup i've ever liked before... this has changed my mind 1717857224152-pf

Flyboy2109

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator, 2004 CTS-V, 2001 Tahoe, 1990 Dakot
Occupation
retired Pilot: USCG, Delta, Netjets
I had one of these back in the day. 1982 Ford Ranger. Talk about no room. Barely room for the driver and you and the passenger's arms touched!

Jeep Gladiator I've never seen a 2dr Gladiator mockup i've ever liked before... this has changed my mind 1717857224152-pf
Yep, I have a '90 Dakota. Same comments. The real laugh was you could get a bench seat in the front...like three peeps were going to fit.

For the two door Jeep idea, I'd swoon over a two-door extended cab. Half door suicide access to the back...now I feel faint!
Sponsored