First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The discussions about throttle controllers here have been interesting, to say the least. The magic of fly by wire throttles is interesting to me, as both CJ's and YJ's I've driven have had "interesting" throttle characteristics, for sure.

My BIL's 78 Golden Eagle was a MESS until he swapped in the Howell kit, for example. My YJ is super sensitive, you just have to drive gently. An old friend who just passed had an 86 CJ-7 with a notchy throttle, made shifting the stick a bit of a trick.

Anyway, the flat spot off idle is annoying to me, and I've followed the threads on the various solutions. I was searching on the topic and hit the JL part several times, but trying to select it after logging in is impossible on that extremeterrain.com site - I don't have a JL. I came in from a search, over-rode the "what kind of Jeep do you have" and ordered it yesterday - for $100, it won't hurt my feelings if I don't like it. For $300 or more, that might make my eyes mist up a bit.

Did a search, didn't find the name. It looks like one of the cheap Chinese Ford controllers I found on Amazon. I'll report back the results week after next.
Sponsored

michaelp1987

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Developer
Did it work? I can’t find compatibility charts for it.