Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Yes, they are on Amazon also, lots of 5 star reviews, seem legit.
They must manufacture special specs for harbor freight. I can’t find a 290Wh on Amazon to compare. Seems like a good deal.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One Watt hour is equal to one Watt of average power flow over an hour. One Watt over four hours would be four Watt Hours of power.
So - 290 watt hours is like 290 watts for an hour, or 1 watt for 290 hours.
Since watts is volts times amps, if you have 110 volts, you would get about 2.6 amps for an hour at best.
Would work great for taking care of USB devices (while camping at the AMC Races, I used my old jump starter pack with a USB adapter plugged into the 12v outlet on the pack to charge my phone and hearing aids over night - it also has a strong light built in, and will jump start a Jeep if needed.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I think that is the Jackery 300, it’s rated at 290, but they call it the 300.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Its not the 300 as I have the 300 and it doesn't look anything like that. It looks like is the 240 Explorer based on the plug outlay, etc. They are good little units for certain things like powering up phones, laptops, small fans, etc. They have a 60W solar panel you an plug in if you have sunlight that will recharge in about 4-5 hours.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Likely one made specifically for HF.
A lot of companies do that - Lowe's, for example, sells name brand product models you can't buy any place else. John Deere, Troy Bilt and others make specific models of things for specific stores.
I've run into that on quite a few things - try to get parts for a very specific model of something to find out that model was sold only through certain stores.
My generator rig is a national name brand - but the model I have is specific to Menards.

A spray gun I have is from Sears - the model was only sold through Sears but I can get parts direct through the manufacturer of the gun.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
A lot of companies do that - Lowe's, for example, sells name brand product models you can't buy any place else. John Deere, Troy Bilt and others make specific models of things for specific stores.
I've run into that on quite a few things - try to get parts for a very specific model of something to find out that model was sold only through certain stores.
My generator rig is a national name brand - but the model I have is specific to Menards.

A spray gun I have is from Sears - the model was only sold through Sears but I can get parts direct through the manufacturer of the gun.
It makes it hard for the consumer to price shop when only 1 store carries the model.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It makes it hard for the consumer to price shop when only 1 store carries the model.
Similar versions in other stores carry the same or similar features but different model numbers. Maybe the Menards version has a single handle while the model with the same output in another store has a double handle but a bigger price. It actually gives more choices in a way.
In my case I bought a pretty nice one with a lesser handle at Menards - cheaper than I could get one of the same output elsewhere. And - I got the 11% rebate on top of a better price, which mostly paid for a new walk-in door for my garage.
Yes, I'd have liked the better handle - but how often do you move one of those things. It's likely Menards asked for some simple change to make it cheaper.
So for me, it gave me a choice, I guess.
Just my take on it.

Reactions: A 2
OP
OP
A 2

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Similar versions in other stores carry the same or similar features but different model numbers. Maybe the Menards version has a single handle while the model with the same output in another store has a double handle but a bigger price. It actually gives more choices in a way.
In my case I bought a pretty nice one with a lesser handle at Menards - cheaper than I could get one of the same output elsewhere. And - I got the 11% rebate on top of a better price, which mostly paid for a new walk-in door for my garage.
Yes, I'd have liked the better handle - but how often do you move one of those things. It's likely Menards asked for some simple change to make it cheaper.
So for me, it gave me a choice, I guess.
Just my take on it.
I’ve also heard that some mfrs use the same model numbers for tools they sell to the big box stores yet the product is slightly different and of lesser quality.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey

Yep that is the more likely option. While it appears to be the base layout of the 240 they may have put a little more pop into the battery than the standard 240 version for a HF special

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
About what I paid on Amazon or even a little less. I have two.
Sponsored