Sponsored

Jeep added a spray liner in my Gladiator build & I didnt order that upgrade.

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but just got my Build Sticker & Build sheet from the Tracking & my vehicle apparently has a spray in bed liner added in that I didn't order or add. The Bill of Sale sheet I signed doesn't have it in my purchase or the POC(Priced Order Confirmation) from Dealership I ordered with. I don't know if Jeep will eat this or not for it being Jeep Mistake?
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
The conspiracy theory is that they're doing to that to all the trucks with hail damage. Probably a bs conspiracy theory, but it makes some sense. I doubt you'll be charged for it since you didn't order it.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Based on what's been said on other threads, it seems like FCA expects either the customer to pay for it or the dealer to eat the cost. Not a very good business practice either way. What gives, @JeepCares?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I don’t know that I buy the hail conspiracy considering it’s being required on Sting Gray, and it wasn’t yet in production when the requirement began. You can bet that FCA isn’t eating the cost...

Last edited:

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
You should NOT have to pay for something that you did NOT order. Total BS.

@Kimbrowntxselect

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I do know that I buy the hail conspiracy considering it’s being required on Sting Gray, and it wasn’t yet in production when the requirement began. You can bet that FCA isn’t eating the cost...
I think there are 2 different bedliner issues:
  • Folks (like @Kimbrowntxselect) who had bedliner installed by Jeep during production that did NOT order it that way but it's being added to their build sheet/sticker that was NOT part of the original order
  • Folks like you where Jeep is requiring the bedliner when ordering (this seems to be a more recent issue)

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I would either be enjoying my free bedliner, or Ib be letting them sell that vehicle to someone else.

Simple as that.

If you ordered it white, and instead it came in black and for more money, would you accept that? Of course not.

I ordered a painted bed, deliver what I ordered.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
When I ordered my sport it triggered my salesman to add it as a requirement. I’m not sure which option triggered it. Wouldn’t let him bypass it. I was gonna order anyways so no issue. Options I selected were AT, tech package, alpine package, conv package, Slush mats, premium soft top and roll up tonneau.

OP
OP
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there are 2 different bedliner issues:
  • Folks (like @Kimbrowntxselect) who had bedliner installed by Jeep during production that did NOT order it that way but it's being added to their build sheet/sticker that was NOT part of the original order
  • Folks like you where Jeep is requiring the bedliner when ordering (this seems to be a more recent issue)
I definatly was not required to have that in my order. That must have been something new after. I ordered 4-27. That's really crazy though. Interested to see how it gets handled when its delivered.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I definatly was not required to have that in my order. That must have been something new after. I ordered 4-27. That's really crazy though. Interested to see how it gets handled when its delivered.
@Kimbrowntxselect , I knew I read about it in one of these threads. Just stumbled on it. I think you can follow others that are seeing the same thing starting at this post:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...diator-build-status.15244/page-66#post-273927

OP
OP
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blk Rubicon- tow package- loaded without the bedliner and safety group and adaptive cruise control