Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All,
Just about 3 weeks ago, I test drove my first Jeep, bought my first Jeep all in 1 night.
A 2020 Jeep Rubicon: Brilliant white, Automatic, Freedom Top, LED package

A little back story, my wife and I have just spent the last year travelling 32000 miles exploring the US and Ca. in a self-converted Ram Promaster 3500 159 Ext.

While this adventure must end; we plan to hit the road again a few times a year. Our goal is to go and explore the places Virginia (our van) simply couldn't take us.

I really planned on building a Sport S; but with no time to wait for a special order and not many dealerships stocking them with MaxTow packages; is was an easy jump to a Rubicon; which also gives us a pretty solid base build.

The vision for Stacy's Mom is "subtle-aggressive." An overland rig built around being hearty and self-reliant; but, this truck is also our daily rig and work truck!

• Suspension: As little as needed, 2-2.5" if 37's are used, otherwise, maybe springs and shocks tuned for the weight being added.

• Exterior:
    • Bed Total toss up. So many systems, so little $ to test them all.
      • Mopar bed rails
      • Literider Tonneau Cover
      • Bedliner
      • JCR Molle bedracks
      • JCR Bedrack (mid)
      • Armis Swing Case (on order)
    • Rated Front bumper & 12k winch
      • Smittybilt XCR bumper (mid)
      • Smittybilt X2O Comp 12k winch (on order)
    • Method MR 701 rims, Grabber 37x12.5 ATx tires
    • OVS Nomad 2 person RTT
  • Interior:
    • Tazer Mini
    • Mopar Aux Switches (on order)
    • Gladiator doorsill plates & door latch plate covers
    • Glovebox grab bar storage insert
    • HotHeads headliner
    • MOPAR soft grab handles front & rear

I'm sure that I'm missing a whole lot more stuff. We just can't wait to get her out on the trails and explore!

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" IMG_2281
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
She's got it going on

(couldn't help myself)
Hah, that's it. I can't take the name credit, my wife named her immediately relating new Jeep to the song. LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
2 build updates:
- Installed the MOPAR bed rails a few days back.
Really easy upgrade, glad I bought it with all of the bed options that seem to utilize the rails. (tonneau covers, bed racks, molle kits, etc.)

- Installed a Literider Tonneau cover today. 30 minute installed and was adjusted tight right out of the box.
I didn't want to drop a lot of coin on a cover since it's likely temporary until I decide on a bed build out. At $350, this fit the bill well and arrived from Literider in 3 days!

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 053B219A-F0AF-415B-ACDC-ECEF720F1CF6_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 49947ABE-1EC7-4793-9772-D88BDC75BC6D_1_105_c

Bedliner app. this week and the Molle panels and headliner should be arriving also.

861C4068-9FFA-431D-9DD6-1444BB16E055_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Installed door sill kick plates, door latch plate covers and grab handle storage today.
I'm trying to buy more local, but honestly, all of these parts came off of Amazon for about $30, so it was hard to not buy them and they give just a little more finish to the build.

Also installed the MOPAR all-weather mats the morning after I bought Stacy'sMom.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 2C59997B-6FAE-4F5B-BE33-27A9D0263D9A_1_105_c
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" EBD86B78-5D35-4F2D-88E4-7F1494F4A589_1_105_c

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the HotHeads headliner 2 -days ago.
This was so easy to install and the sound change in the cab is crazy.

Not as quiet as people say, but maybe more muted sounds. IE: The stereo had to be completely rebalanced and adj. to taste.

On our 500 mile trip yesterday, I did notice a little more in/out fade of the sat. radio; when I haven't had really any issue at all up to this point. It's not a game-changer, but itis does have some effect on recepetion.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 960DDEF4-1983-4B17-B645-D10AE5D5FB98_1_105_c

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Installed the HotHeads headliner 2 -days ago.
This was so easy to install and the sound change in the cab is crazy.

Not as quiet as people say, but maybe more muted sounds. IE: The stereo had to be completely rebalanced and adj. to taste.

On our 500 mile trip yesterday, I did notice a little more in/out fade of the sat. radio; when I haven't had really any issue at all up to this point. It's not a game-changer, but itis does have some effect on recepetion.
Interesting. Hadn’t heard about the sat radio difference. Looking good. I had the same experience re: Amazon. Bought lots of the same stuff.

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Hadn’t heard about the sat radio difference. Looking good. I had the same experience re: Amazon. Bought lots of the same stuff.
Yeah, I came across a post on the Wrangler forums about people having issues with sat. radio and also having the liner; I didn't think too much of it.

That said, I live in a camper van for a year and I'd loose just about all cell signal if I used a reflectix type of window covering in all of my window. So, I know it cause loss of signal.

Funny enough, the headliner comes with a 6" square corner peeled of the reflective material for this very reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Smittybilt XCR gen 2 bumper today.
Nicely build for sure. Just an FYI, actually recorded weight by FedEx is 144#, the box might be about 20lbs, so this thing is heavy for a snubby to mid sized bumper.

Also: if you get one, my JTR did not have to of the factory nutserts in the frame rails for the lower mounts that level and hold the bumper to area where the factory disconnect skid mounts.

So, you'll need your own bolts and nuts.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" F562AF6A-DA73-40CB-A8D4-35ED7EC1328A_1_105_c
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 40A6AC26-7EC8-488E-A927-2652F209C8BE_1_105_c

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Installed door sill kick plates, door latch plate covers and grab handle storage today.
I'm trying to buy more local, but honestly, all of these parts came off of Amazon for about $30, so it was hard to not buy them and they give just a little more finish to the build.

Also installed the MOPAR all-weather mats the morning after I bought Stacy'sMom.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 40A6AC26-7EC8-488E-A927-2652F209C8BE_1_105_c
About to install the Sill Guards tomorrow; any advise or lessons learned so I don't mess up my one shot?

What is the benefit of the latch plate covers?

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
About to install the Sill Guards tomorrow; any advise or lessons learned so I don't mess up my one shot?

What is the benefit of the latch plate covers?
The sill plates are easy. Just a solid cleaning with the provided wipes is good. If possible, let the plates sit in the sun a bit, they warm up and stick easier.

I was lazy and didnt use a rule to lay them out, but if you look closely (at least up front), the sills have a slight stepped edge. I simply used that as a guide for those by coming back about 1/2" from it.

The latch covers IMO just added a little cleaned up look to the door-jam, plus the bolts usually are the parts that look aged quickly. They were like $7 for all 4, so I thought why not?

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The sill plates are easy. Just a solid cleaning with the provided wipes is good. If possible, let the plates sit in the sun a bit, they warm up and stick easier.

I was lazy and didnt use a rule to lay them out, but if you look closely (at least up front), the sills have a slight stepped edge. I simply used that as a guide for those by coming back about 1/2" from it.

The latch covers IMO just added a little cleaned up look to the door-jam, plus the bolts usually are the parts that look aged quickly. They were like $7 for all 4, so I thought why not?
Great, will be raining today so not a good install day anyway; so will wait for a sunny day to warm them up.

And for 7 bucks, i'll probably lose that by lunch so why not. The next accessory on the list

Edit: no rain and partly sunny so gave it a go. Annnnddd I screwed up the first one, I didn't realize the instructions (with no words) were keying me to line up with a triangle until after i installed the first one, I thought it was telling me to line up based on the diamonds on the top. Oh well, it's close enough for the government

Last edited:

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker

There’s an arrow on the sill guards that line up with the channels in the door
Sponsored