Sponsored

Jeep base pricing on all other models

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So the most expensive base price is the grand cherokee at $31,000. Hard to believe the gladiator will be a higher base price than their "luxury" jeep. Thoughts?

base jeeps.PNG
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So the most expensive base price is the grand cherokee at $31,000. Hard to believe the gladiator will be a higher base price than their "luxury" jeep. Thoughts?

base jeeps.PNG
Right?

So if what we read about JT being five grand over JLU were true, JT would be the most expensive base model Jeep EVER.

We'll, I'm calling BS. I think JT sport comes in 29,999 ish.

I've been wrong before, so it won't hurt if they come in higher. And yes, they'll sell.

But stupid high pricing like that would be a wrong turn in the history of Jeep, imho.

I want a JT Sport Max Tow all available options for 35K OTD.

But when I price a similar JLU it's $38,000.00. Now add the premium for JT, and it's over 40K.

And then I'll keep my sweet ole 2010, now that the electronics are fixed, supposedly really (really!) fixed this time.

Last edited:

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Right?

So if what we read about JT being five grand over JLU were true, JT would be the most expensive base model Jeep EVER.

We'll, I'm calling BS. I think JT sport comes in 29,999 ish.
Couldn't agree more. If not I'm keeping my tundra and buying a motorcycle. True open air freedom!

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

base jeeps.PNG
At an MSRP of $31545, the Wrangler Unlimited is basically as expensive as the GC. Also no way the base JT comes in under $32k MSRP

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
MSRP $32,770 JT Sport no options.

My last and final answer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
At an MSRP of $31545, the Wrangler Unlimited is basically as expensive as the GC. Also no way the base JT comes in under $32k MSRP
yeah i've been screwing this up for a few weeks. I forgot there are 2 door wranglers, and didn't think to compare it to the wrangler unlimited.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
These guys claim pricing will be $3000-3500 over JLU (hate the "very reliable source", without quoting said source...). No date on actual pricing availability, but also claims showrooms in June.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These guys claim pricing will be $3000-3500 over JLU (hate the "very reliable source", without quoting said source...). No date on actual pricing availability, but also claims showrooms in June.

Isn't quadratec at least a semi-reliable company?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Isn't quadratec at least a semi-reliable company?
There's so many rumors flying around about pricing and release dates, I personally question all of them. If someone says their dealer says a date/price, I tend to shrug that off (especially hearing of Feb pricing dates yet here we are in Feb with no pricing). Without knowing their source, hard to judge the accuracy of their dates/pricing.

These guys do seem to agree with what Scott Tallon of Jeep was quoted as saying (April pricing/June showrooms), so that may give some validity to the ~$3000 over equivalent JLU pricing if it's from the same source.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's so many rumors flying around about pricing and release dates, I personally question all of them. If someone says their dealer says a date/price, I tend to shrug that off (especially hearing of Feb pricing dates yet here we are in Feb with no pricing). Without knowing their source, hard to judge the accuracy of their dates/pricing.

These guys do seem to agree with what Scott Tallon of Jeep was quoted as saying (April pricing/June showrooms), so that may give some validity to the ~$3000 over equivalent JLU pricing if it's from the same source.
Gotta wait and see right?

Sponsored

whatroads

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 2012 Wangler
On the RAM trucks website I priced out a Quad cab 4x4 Hemi with 3.92 gear, air suspension, rear locker, off road package and heavy tow package. Price was around $41K. If the JT Sport with max tow comes to that number I'll get the Ram

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
On the RAM trucks website I priced out a Quad cab 4x4 Hemi with 3.92 gear, air suspension, rear locker, off road package and heavy tow package. Price was around $41K. If the JT Sport with max tow comes to that number I'll get the Ram
You must be figuring after discounts because its over $41k MSRP. I just built one with only the items you listed and its $45910. But I mean come on its a full size truck. Cant really compare the two. This is a mid size truck...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Look, that dude don't know the smaller window on the crunched glad was a nod to the even older Willy's look!?! And he also said "although price is not decided yet" or similar. He's being given same advance marketing set the expectations high bullshit all the mouth pieces are promulgating. Then when it comes in higher than JLU nobody blinks. JT Sport $32,770. Gotta be...
Sponsored