Sponsored

Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
As some may remember I had an issue where a fuel pump detonated and got metal in the fuel system and due to part delays, lack of dealership focus (trying to find part elsewhere...I had to call the parts manager and have him call around). That 72 day dealer visit was not first nor last in my first 13 months with the vehicle... My Saga...

Ordered and then took possession of Diesel Rubicon 3/16/21.

9/4 -> 10/27 (54 days) - Brakes gave out; hydraulic leak, brake message came on display, dropped off at dealership and they had delays getting parts; initially tried to point to a lift which they install the same one; which that lift does not touch nor change the brakes, it is a small lift so no brakes get touched, no brake line extensions so they covered it.

1/19 -> 3/31 (72 Days) - Truck stalled reversing out of garage - towed to dealer. Diagnosis fuel pump failure - metal then found in fuel system so pump, injectors ect are replaced. Called Jeep Cares...They did not do anything to help the dealer prioritize or try and find part; they offered an extended warranty.

4/9 -> Present (33 days and counting) - So I literally have the truck for 1 week and maybe put 25 miles on it before heading to the sierras and two hours into the trip I get a bunch of codes, Electronic Throttle Control, Malfunction indicator light and truck goes into limp mode; drive 3 hrs back since I am in limp mode and drop it at the station. Dealership diagnosis and finds cracked particulate filter. Now 3 missed dates on when the part is expected again I reach back to Jeep Cares to expand the case and help with repair and start the buy back, lemon law process and now Jeep Cares is saying they won't take the call they will only handle through email...

I loved this truck when it ran....I am so bummed that I might have to part with it...but I have lost faith in the brand.

Any other numbers for escalation on Mopar or Office of the president there? I have escalated with Jeep Cares... we will see where that goes..

I had read the issues of the earlier diesels...obvious FCA cannot figure out a diesel other than the cummins..

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Cares is absolutely no help - 159 Days in the shop and counting 1652371440761
Sponsored

Last edited:

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
Hit them up on Twitter and Facebook. That has always worked for me when big companies don't solve my issues. They don't like problems being made public on social media
as much as i hate this advice, its good advice. As customers we have a voice and those platforms allow you to use it. To expand, i hate that you have to use social media to be heard.

I hate your experience has gotten to this level. That is trash.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Cares does not drill down on problems nor are they all things to all people. Their scope is pretty limited outside just facilitating communications between you and the dealership.

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
If it were me, I would email the entire Stellantis executive team, and see who responds. Copy every executive for North America that you can identify, and someone will get back to you. VP level up to C-level. The VPs don't want the C-Level execs to hear the problems, so the admin gatekeepers that check their emails will let them know you have copied everyone on the email. You probably want to include Mark Bosanac who is currently listed as the SVP, Mopar Parts & Service and Customer Care, North America at Stellantis. Just as an FYI, it appears their common email format is [email protected]

I've done this for other companies in the past, and have had my cell phone ring from a regional VP within minutes of sending the message at 9:00 PM. Make sure you are diplomatic, and ask for their help instead of bitching. Good luck!

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If it were me, I would email the entire Stellantis executive team, and see who responds. Copy every executive for North America that you can identify, and someone will get back to you.
I did this when my brand new Shelby GT500 was delivered. Drove 2 miles, heard sucking, brought it back. Defective fuel pump. Dealer: " none in system, backordered 2 months ".

I emailed the current CEO, a few others, and the SVT Chief Jamal Hameedi. He replied!!!! Somehow a new fuel pump was delivered to the dealer the next afternoon.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry you’re going through all this. Sounds like it’s time to look up your state’s lemon laws.
You're are right...and I am coming to that place....but I really loved the truck up until Jan ... its like seeing the other side of Amber Heard but you're still in love :)

Last edited:

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
It also depends on who you get as a contact point. I've had 4 different ones one of which was about worthless. The other 3 we're on their game. I also had my fuel pump catastrophically fail. 45 days in the shop. I had 2 additional Jeep Cares people where it was escalated to. Good luck sorry to hear about your Jeep.

OP
OP

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good advice execs as they don't seem to have a easy to find office of ceo email address...gonna go find them on Linkedin is well and send them email...

Last edited:

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I agree with others that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would definitely look into CA's lemon law as you've got a good case. If I recall it states you have to take your vehicle in for the same problem three times or be out of commission XXX amount of days.

I also agree that no owner/customer should have to go through this. Especially on a $60K vehicle. I'm sure everyone is pointing at each other internally saying there are parts shortages and whatnot, but they need to make this right.

This is another proverbial nail in the dealership model's coffin. Dealerships as we know them will be gone in 15 years (or sooner).

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I agree with others that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would definitely look into CA's lemon law as you've got a good case. If I recall it states you have to take your vehicle in for the same problem three times or be out of commission XXX amount of days.

I also agree that no owner/customer should have to go through this. Especially on a $60K vehicle. I'm sure everyone is pointing at each other internally saying there are parts shortages and whatnot, but they need to make this right.

This is another proverbial nail in the dealership model's coffin. Dealerships as we know them will be gone in 15 years (or sooner).
Hate dealers. Most of them are out there to make as much profit even if that means screwing over the customers lack of knowledge rather then empower and educate. The entire model is archaic. Why do I need to go through you to order a vehicle. Why can’t I do a to be built order directly off the jeep website and lineup my own financing. This entire system needs to be revisited and shaken up.

Or when you go to use a warrant you bought from them that covers anything. Oh shit it doesn’t cover that. I ordered a Jk years ago with the dealer telling me the hardtop they owed would be here in a week. I had to go in weekly for three months for updates and it wasn’t until I called cooperate jeep for the hardtop to miraculously arrive in two days. These dealers like to run you around until the corporate offices hear what they are doing and they don’t wanna hear about you having a shit experience.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Cares does not drill down on problems nor are they all things to all people. Their scope is pretty limited outside just facilitating communications between you and the dealership.
Exactly. They are a coordinator, communicator, not technical. They have no real pull, and can't force anything. It's more of a help desk. Some things they can do - getting the right people involved and getting the shop to contact those right people. But they can't force repairs or explain to them how to do it. Best they can do is get the STAR team and dealership shop to talk to each other.

I have had decent luck with regional "managers" in the past, years ago. Contacted them real nicely, laid things out logically, factually, dates, what was done, how it didn't help. Got me a visit from the regional guy when I took my car in - a few weeks later the service manager was selling parts at a Chevy dealership and my car was fixed. That was years ago - but it's worth a try.

Lemon laws are so easy to find - the state AGs usually have a no-nonsense bullet point list for lemon laws. Just google "lemon law california" an I'd bet you'd have a page with California's AG explaining it. It's usually time in the shop and/or number of visits for the same issue -however, it can be a long process.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it were me, I would email the entire Stellantis executive team, and see who responds. Copy every executive for North America that you can identify, and someone will get back to you. VP level up to C-level. The VPs don't want the C-Level execs to hear the problems, so the admin gatekeepers that check their emails will let them know you have copied everyone on the email. You probably want to include Mark Bosanac who is currently listed as the SVP, Mopar Parts & Service and Customer Care, North America at Stellantis. Just as an FYI, it appears their common email format is [email protected]

I've done this for other companies in the past, and have had my cell phone ring from a regional VP within minutes of sending the message at 9:00 PM. Make sure you are diplomatic, and ask for their help instead of bitching. Good luck!
Many dealerships are corporately owned. It's worth a shot there, too. Here, one "guy" (a corporation) owns almost every Jeep dealer. Some others owned by another, only a couple are actually not owned with a dozen others by some out of state guy who has never even seen his dealerships.

Your last part of the last paragraph says it well - keep it to the point, logical, bullet points, facts and no emotion. Emotion and anger turn them off and they'll be defensive right off the bat.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm