First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My wife bought a Toyota camry (2019) and honestly it's kinda crap. She's looking at something awd/4wd but needs good mpg and be reliable.
The compass has many comforts we would use regularly (360 camera, parking stuff, adaptive cruise) and the mileage seems pretty fair.
I don't know about their track record though.
I showed her a rav4 hybrid just for comparison sake. Currently she drives a fair mix of city/highway but may take a job with a significant amount of highway driving. I think the adaptive cruise with stop/go or whatever would make that more enjoyable.
Anyhow just wondering if they are worth looking at or not.
Sponsored

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Yeah, they suck. Definitely give the RAV4 a look though. My wife has a 2019 XLE Premium and it's surprisingly nice. Can't complain about 32 mpg either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ko15870

First Name
ko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee; 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
System Analyst
My sister has a compass and the visibility is terrible. I would suggest a regular Cherokee with a V6. They are so much more comfortable. Visibility much better and gas mileage is great considering it is a V6.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My sister has a compass and the visibility is terrible. I would suggest a regular Cherokee with a V6. They are so much more comfortable. Visibility much better and gas mileage is great considering it is a V6.
Would the v6 use the same oil filters as my gladiator?

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Compass are def junk. Wipe it off your list. Rav4 and CRV would be the best reliability IMO. I recently did some similar shopping in that lineup.

ko15870

First Name
ko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee; 2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
System Analyst
According to Wix Filter look up site yes the v6 in both the 3.2 Cherokee and the 3.6 Gladiator take the same filter. WL10010

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
My wife thought she wanted a Compass, we even test drove one and she liked it. I convinced her to test drive a Cherokee and after going about 100 feet in the parking lot she realized how much better the Cherokee rides. The 3.2 in the Cherokee is the same engine as the 3.6, it just has smaller diameter cylinders. I think the Compass is based on the Fiat 500 like the Renegade.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Compass are def junk. Wipe it off your list. Rav4 and CRV would be the best reliability IMO. I recently did some similar shopping in that lineup.
I pull RAV4’s out of ditches. They’re not suvs. They’re taller station wagons. Standard Cherokee Trailhawk is where I’d start.
Sponsored