Sponsored

Jeep Crate conversion to a table/storage

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ran across a local ad where someone was selling their Jeep crate from a Mopar lift. I've always wanted tinker around with one and add it to my garage.

After some sanding, light stain and couple top coats, it was looking better. I added some 4 inch casters with brakes, couple handles and hinge to the top. And bottle opener. Now I've got a table top and can store some stuff in there. With the wheels I can use it as a light duty work table

I'm happy with how it turned it. These creates are too cool to throw out

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You could seal the wood, add a cooler tub to it with an external drain plug, great stuff spray foam around everything between the cooler and wood walls, add a sealable top to it, and have a nice party cooler for beer and drinks when you entertain. :like:

OP
OP
mojocho

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like your thinking... Could just put a beer tap on top...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like your thinking... Could just put a beer tap on top...
If you set your keg(s) beside it, mount your CO2 tank inside (where it can be easily removed for refilling) run the lines and copper coils inside your cooler full of ice (sitting inside the box) and run your beer lines to it, you could make a rolling “chill box” (portable kegerator) with multiple taps.

OP
OP
mojocho

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using this crate as a mobile work table, but today I found another use.

Temporary storage for the hard Top. Since it's on casters, I can move out around the garage. This will work until I find a soft top and need to sure the hard Top permanently over the summer

20200524_151043.jpg
Sponsored