First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I just feel bad for the guy. I mean can you imagine the earful from his wife? HaHa!

We have all made mistakes. Sometimes one action or lack thereof has big effects. I mean who knows, there are days when this would not have been the worst thing to happen all day, after all nobody got hurt that we know of. Life is about prospective.

I did like someone's suggestion of a laminated checklist.
Sponsored

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I’m not sure I believe this. Was he towing it with something that has 50k ft-lbs of torque? There is no chance, even the dumbest driver in the road, would not know something was wrong. If you parked that Jeep on a 100% grade (45 degrees), with it in 4 low and fist gear, it wouldn’t move.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
This. $30k didn’t sound crazy to me. Might as well hemi swap it with Dana 60’s at this point— everything related to driveline wiring and driveline probably has to come out at this point based on that price. It does add up pretty quick
The 30 k is crazy. The BMW engines that self destruct due to timing chain guide failure are about 12k to fix and 17 k for replacement

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
I have been flat towing my JKUR and now my JT behind my Moho for over 50000 miles with no issues. OK, one issue, I lost a tow pin out of one of the arms and wondered why that Jeep was trying to run me over. I didnt get very far and zero damage to either. Jeeps are far and way the easiest tow setup going and that’s why you see so many behind Moho’s

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Some people are just too stoopid to be stoopid...

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Crazy post. Listen, we all make mistakes. This is an to a 30k job, instead, buy a used/almost new motor from rubitrux and problem solved. This can be fixed under 10k.

What I can't get over is the fact that this guys didn't notice resistance and tire screeching from the jeep? In 4 low, in gear, this thing would have been burning tires after a 100 yards. 100 yards may be enough to damage some shit. Anyways, just seems odd. Curious how long they towed it for?
Sponsored