Sponsored

Jeep DrivePlus credit card rewards

JeepAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon Recon
Hi all. Has Anyone redeemed Jeep DrivePlus credit card rewards as part of the purchase of a new Jeep?

I’m wondering if the dealer treats the rewards (especially the $1000 certificate) as “cash” when negotiating pricing. I mean I have to imagine it’s best not to present any of that until after price is agreed upon but I just thought I’d check on others experiences in general with the card and how the dealers have treated the rewards. Thanks!
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I don't know what the $1000 certificate is, but I used rewards from my JL towards the purchase of my wife's KL. The rewards were treated as just another form of payment combined with some cash, some financing and some credit card.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like you have to spend $7500, then you get the certificate. And it's only eligible on a few vehicles, none of which are a Wrangler.

Might be worth it for 0% interest for six months on dealer accessories, though.

Tcijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara. 2023 JLURXR
Occupation
Insurance
are they capping how many reward points you can use toward the purchase of a new JL? Going to get a Rubicon in the next year or two, I can easily run 10-12k through a card a year, that is a lot of points in two years for my purchase.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are they capping how many reward points you can use toward the purchase of a new JL? Going to get a Rubicon in the next year or two, I can easily run 10-12k through a card a year, that is a lot of points in two years for my purchase.
No. I used about $2000 in rewards for a new Cherokee.

Sponsored

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
I have read the fine print very closely and there is a $10,000 limit on point purchases/day. The card seems like a great deal if you plan on getting a new FCA product in a few years.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have read the fine print very closely and there is a $10,000 limit on point purchases/day. The card seems like a great deal if you plan on getting a new FCA product in a few years.
Thanks for the correction. I reread the terms and also see that they expire 7 years after earned if not used.

Tcijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara. 2023 JLURXR
Occupation
Insurance
Great - Just bought the wife a JL Sahara and recently learned about the card. Plan to upgraded my CJ5 to a rubicon once I feel like all the bugs are worked out. Probably a 2020 or 2021 model for me. That should give me plenty of time to rack up some points.

herpawearo

First Name
David Koen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
In 2019, I encountered the problem of virtual bank credit cards for the first time. Their security is very low and even a novice carder can steal your money from you. After reading carding guides for beginners, I realized how vulnerable my credit card is. I stopped using them and transferred all my financial savings to cryptocurrency. I don't regret my choice at all, as my friends often lose small amounts of money from $ 10 to $ 100 from virtual cards. Be careful and don't fall for scammers.
Sponsored

Last edited: