OP
MudderTruker

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
I personally think the rubicon is VERY well priced for what it is.
But its such a niche product and will be a hard sale for your average joe blogs.

Its built and sold as a "lifestyle" vehicle, and nothing else. So its good at most things, perfect at none. But its also a fun convertible Jeep that's got hella nice luxury features. So its perfect for someone like me!

Totally agree with your sentiment!
Sponsored

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
I personally think the rubicon is VERY well priced for what it is.
But its such a niche product and will be a hard sale for your average joe blogs.

Its built and sold as a "lifestyle" vehicle, and nothing else. So its good at most things, perfect at none. But its also a fun convertible Jeep that's got hella nice luxury features. So its perfect for someone like me!
I'm of the same feeling, as cool as it most people aren't going to throw 37's on there with huge lifts, regearing etc etc and go climbing boulders, they're going to enjoy a fantastic looking still hugely capable vehicle straight out of the showroom.

Tradies wouldn't even look at this for a work truck, too many other way cheaper options for a vehicle thats gunna get beaten up and never used off-road.

A few mates have said I could get a Ram 1500 with a V8 or Raptor for similar price and I'm like yeah fair enough but they just don't do it for ME. I've been driving Wranglers for 20 odd years and I still smile every time I look at mine.

I'm fortunate to be in the position to be able to afford one with some trade in $ from the JK so odds on I'll be picking one up...

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium paint in US is only the metallic and pearl coat at an extra cost of US $195 which is about AU $300.

In Australia all colours other than black and white an extra AU $1035.

:whatsgoingon:

OP
OP
MudderTruker

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Premium paint in US is only the metallic and pearl coat at an extra cost of US $195 which is about AU $300.

In Australia all colours other than black and white an extra AU $1035.

:whatsgoingon:
Aussie tax bro!
:headbang:

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Have you guys received any Australian Spec Gladiators yet?

I noticed on the website it shows NA spec ones but noticed the 3 small pics of the different trims show the Australian Spec. Different front bumper, lower flares and mirror marker lights.

I’m curious about the taillights and if there will be rear fog lights like they have on the JL?

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I did notice they get the matching alloy wheel for a spare...

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys received any Australian Spec Gladiators yet?
They weren't supposed to be here till May but I can't see that happening if the factory is currently closed down for however long...
My dealer tells me he can't even log my order into the computer yet..?

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Last I heard is that it’s closed down until May. I work at a dealership and I placed my order last week of March. Also couldn’t put my order in due to the system not being available and the fact I ordered a manual trans but my Manager called the factory and had them manually enter my order in. But still nothing from that as due to the restriction on the Manual transmission right now I can’t even get a VIN until they release the hold on manual orders.

They weren't supposed to be here till May but I can't see that happening if the factory is currently closed down for however long...
My dealer tells me he can't even log my order into the computer yet..?
Sponsored