ACON33

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CZ5 GT
Hi there,

What’s the MF, residual and lease or loyalty credits (if any) for a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 61k, 48months/15k miles - 20112?

Thanks
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
No eye deer.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Hi there,

What’s the MF, residual and lease or loyalty credits (if any) for a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 61k, 48months/15k miles - 20112?

Thanks
MF is the same thing as the interest rate 4.92% from the Jeep website.

Using the payment with nothing down 48 month with 12,000 a year mileage. I use a loan app to determine it was the same as a 10 year 1 month loan. At the end of year 4 you are about 41k

residual is about 41k for 4 year and 12,000 miles. My guess. I don't have the fact sheets like a dealer would.

You would need to rework the numbers for 15000 miles .

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MF is the same thing as the interest rate 4.92% from the Jeep website.

Using the payment with nothing down 48 month with 12,000 a year mileage. I use a loan app to determine it was the same as a 10 year 1 month loan. At the end of year 4 you are about 41k

residual is about 41k for 4 year and 12,000 miles. My guess. I don't have the fact sheets like a dealer would.

You would need to rework the numbers for 15000 miles .

15000 is about 39000 residual... Again this is rough math.

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there,

Thanks
The lease sheets came out today for dealers. You could always call your local dealership, and ask for lease numbers. If you get a decent salesperson, I am sure he/she won't bite, they should be able to help. You could also send out internet leads to specific dealerships and request lease pricing on a Gladiator.

Sponsored

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
The lease sheets came out today for dealers. You could always call your local dealership, and ask for lease numbers. If you get a decent salesperson, I am sure he/she won't bite, they should be able to help. You could also send out internet leads to specific dealerships and request lease pricing on a Gladiator.
Well you could answer the guys questions to the money factor number and residual number...it's not a big super secret or something. ..

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I haven't asked for residuals yet, but based upon the lease payments the Jeep online build tool is showing, I'd have to believe that they are better than Wrangler. Apparently FCA thinks the resale on this Gladiator is going to be nuts. And maybe it is...

So, lease payments on the Gladiator should be very low. Flip side of that is if you decide to purchase it at the end of lease you'll be paying more....and IF the resale doesn't turn out as good as FCA expects you could have lots of negative equity at the end of the lease.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't asked for residuals yet, but based upon the lease payments the Jeep online build tool is showing, I'd have to believe that they are better than Wrangler. Apparently FCA thinks the resale on this Gladiator is going to be nuts. And maybe it is...

So, lease payments on the Gladiator should be very low. Flip side of that is if you decide to purchase it at the end of lease you'll be paying more....and IF the resale doesn't turn out as good as FCA expects you could have lots of negative equity at the end of the lease.
I see negative equity at the end of a lease as a good thing. It set up for a way for you to buyout at a lower price if you want. I have friends that have done this with as much as 10 grand off. 10 grand is a lot and not what I would foresee. If the difference is big. 2 or 3 grand would be an easy sell.

This is why I think anyone looking at loans pass 5 or 6 years should be really looking into a lease. Then decide what is best. The lease gives you more protection. Someone on here posted they were in year 4 of a loan and 10 grand underwater. That is not a place I ever want to be.

Kdmerchant

First Name
Ketan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gobi Rubicon
I see negative equity at the end of a lease as a good thing. It set up for a way for you to buyout at a lower price if you want. I have friends that have done this with as much as 10 grand off. 10 grand is a lot and not what I would foresee. If the difference is big. 2 or 3 grand would be an easy sell.

This is why I think anyone looking at loans pass 5 or 6 years should be really looking into a lease. Then decide what is best. The lease gives you more protection. Someone on here posted they were in year 4 of a loan and 10 grand underwater. That is not a place I ever want to be.
I don’t have experience with this...are you saying that the dealer will always negotiate the lease buyout price if the market value of the truck is lower at the lease end?

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have experience with this...are you saying that the dealer will always negotiate the lease buyout price if the market value of the truck is lower at the lease end?
Not always but sometimes they can/do. It is not the dealer to say. It is the leasonf company you are working a deal with. If not you can walk away and not pay a dime more.

Sponsored

Kdmerchant

First Name
Ketan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gobi Rubicon
This is an interesting way to look at the issue of lease vs buy. Whenever I've bought I've thought to myself "My payment is too high, people are paying $199 a month!" and when I've leased I thought "I won't own anything at the end of this, why am I paying good money for no equity?". I see now that a well negotiated lease can basically give you options at the end that you wouldn't normally have, whether the market value of the car is above OR below the buyout price. Thanks for that, Dietruck.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is an interesting way to look at the issue of lease vs buy. Whenever I've bought I've thought to myself "My payment is too high, people are paying $199 a month!" and when I've leased I thought "I won't own anything at the end of this, why am I paying good money for no equity?". I see now that a well negotiated lease can basically give you options at the end that you wouldn't normally have, whether the market value of the car is above OR below the buyout price. Thanks for that, Dietruck.
Yeah people who tell you that are ignorant about how it works. Leasing is not renting. You ARE making progress toward equity with each lease payment you make. You're basically paying for the portion of the vehicle you're expected to use during the term of the contract. It's like eating two bites of a burger and only having to pay for those two bites.

Most of the time you're buyout at the end will line up with the residual value on the contract. I wouldn't go into a lease expecting the bank to negotiate based upon actual value at the end. That's unlikely to happen unless it's in THEIR favor.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Yeah people who tell you that are ignorant about how it works. Leasing is not renting. You ARE making progress toward equity with each lease payment you make. You're basically paying for the portion of the vehicle you're expected to use during the term of the contract. It's like eating two bites of a burger and only having to pay for those two bites.

Most of the time you're buyout at the end will line up with the residual value on the contract. I wouldn't go into a lease expecting the bank to negotiate based upon actual value at the end. That's unlikely to happen unless it's in THEIR favor.
As @WXman probably knows this is one of my favorite subjects - The conventional wisdom on leasing. Leasing is complicated so people try and reduce it to a few key principles. All of which are judgmental. Most of which are only partly true. Some of which are just plain wrong.

A simple example is the person who says "My payments are higher but after 3 years on a lease you don't have any equity." Wrong. I can still have equity if my value is higher than the residual. I also have all the money I didn't pay in car payments over that time. Let's say there is a $200 difference in payment. Over 36 months that is $7,200. Is it the same equity as I would have in a loan? Maybe not. But it is a lot more than nothing.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would ever buy a vehicle over $50,000. But most people would say I am financially irresponsible for leasing. I bought my wife's Tahoe and literally the dealership did not know how to process a lease. Only one guy did and he was out sick. People are buying Tahoe's, Suburbans, and Corvettes there. They have been told so often that leases are bad they are taking terrible loans out on these vehicles instead.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I agree, the renegotiate has to work for them too. If you are turning in a car with a residual value of 40,000 and a market value of 30,000. They are going to be hard pressed to find a better buyer than you (if you want the car). They most likely have insurance that make up some of that Delta as well. So it would be a easy sell for a few grand off. Again if having "that" car is important to you. Otherwise walk away and buy a used one for way less.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your welcome. I was a buy only guy for a long time. It was more due to putting 20,000 miles a year on a car. Now that I don't do that anymore. Leasing make sense for what I want.

with cars getting close and sometimes more than a house payment, why take on the risk.

Work the paperwork to make best use of the options you have. Having known off ramps that reduce your risk is a great thing to have.
Sponsored