• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Colorado Jeep Gladiator Roof Rack

Ripper

First Name
Rip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm looking for a roof rack that I can put a basket on. Has anyone researched gutter attached (I don't want permanent) cross bars with baskets? I keep debating whether I want a short basket to leave the front roof panels free to be removed or a longer one assuming that I won't take the roof panels off when traveling.
Thanks for the help.
Rip
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ripper

First Name
Rip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

NjFabiano

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2008 Jeep JK, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Insurance Sales
Yea that is what I am looking at aswell. I can say that I went aftermarket for these on my JK (ebay brands...) and it was a waste of money. Lesson learned was to just spend the $ on the mopar ones the first time. Save a lot of hassle and annoyance.
hey just curious, what was the main issue with the Knock offs? I’ve heard the Mopar ones whistle pretty obnoxiously. Found the ones on eBay that look identical to the Mopar ones for $150 vs $300.... hard to see what could possibly be different, just curious what problems you had?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
hey just curious, what was the main issue with the Knock offs? I’ve heard the Mopar ones whistle pretty obnoxiously. Found the ones on eBay that look identical to the Mopar ones for $150 vs $300.... hard to see what could possibly be different, just curious what problems you had?
The first set I got wouldn’t stay on and the second set buckled under the weight of my cargo carrier. Tried to return the second set but the seller stopped responding and ebay refused to step in on behalf of buyer protection.

Any set of bars will whistle by them selves. It’s just wind noise since their not exactly aerodynamic. I added a fairing to a set of home made rails on my old liberty KK and the noise was gone. Just google roof rack fairing, or follow this link.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Rhino-Rack/RRRF1.html?feed=npn&msclkid=a3b4ebccf50514dd19c0b4a05da35059&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing | Shop - All - Mobile&utm_term=4577541786295717&utm_content=Catch All Products

NjFabiano

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2008 Jeep JK, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Insurance Sales
The first set I got wouldn’t stay on and the second set buckled under the weight of my cargo carrier. Tried to return the second set but the seller stopped responding and ebay refused to step in on behalf of buyer protection.

Any set of bars will whistle by them selves. It’s just wind noise since their not exactly aerodynamic. I added a fairing to a set of home made rails on my old liberty KK and the noise was gone. Just google roof rack fairing, or follow this link.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Rhino-Rack/RRRF1.html?feed=npn&msclkid=a3b4ebccf50514dd19c0b4a05da35059&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing | Shop - All - Mobile&utm_term=4577541786295717&utm_content=Catch All Products
Fair enough.
I actually ordered the off brand ones.
got them in the mail today. They seem okay.
seem secure. I’m only using them for a snowboard rack to carry fishing poles, so weight wasn’t a concern for me.

I don’t doubt you had problems. Maybe it depends on specific sellers. Maybe I got lucky.
A strip of gorilla tape on the underneath to cover the tracks fixed the whistling.
I’m happy. At $140, I’ll take it.
Sponsored