Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Upgraded Stereo on the way,

With 4 very active kids ranging from junior in College, down to 7th Grade, we are neck deep into sports, etc which requires a lot of time. So much time, that there is no time to go enjoy what the Gladiator was built for on the trails. I was lucky for about 8 years or so when they were younger, all we did was go wheeling in different states and locally, made a million great memories and will again someday in the future.
Its all good, the jeep will always be there but my kids younger years will not be. We enjoy the time watching them do what they love to do with their friends, Football, Basketball, Vollyball, Track and Rock Climbing (the kind you do with legs...sounds weird to me when you have a couple jeeps but ok) etc.
Will be back on the trails in a few years.
Been into stereo systems since I could walk. Every vehicle I've owned has had some sort of aftermarket stereo system in it. Its truly a disease that I don't think will ever go away.

With all of that being said, figured I might as well redo the stereo system in the Gladiator to pass the time lol.

Here is what were going with:

Head Unit:
..........Keeping Factory. Zero reasons to replace it.

Sound Processer:
..........JL Audio TWK 88 System Processor.

Speakers in Overhead Sound Bar:
..........Having custom Sound Bar box made from scratch / fiberglass.
..........The new sound bar will contain (4) 6.5" Mmats PA601 Midrange and (4) ST1 1.25" Super Tweeters
..........(2) Mosconi 4/10 Amplifies will power the sound bar speakers.

Speakers Below Rear Seat:
..........The box being built is to house (4) JL 8.8" Speakers.
.........(1) JL Audio 800/8 will power the (4) 8.8's.

Front Dash Knee Speakers / top of dash:
..........A pair of Focal ES-165KX2 6.5" and 3.5"
..........(1) JL Audio MHD600/4 will power the front dash speakers.

Subwoofers:
..........(Bring on the hate lol) Ported Blow through Cab box being built. I gave them 2.5ft of bed space to use for the box. All I put back there now is bleacher chairs, school bags and a tool bag and bourbon. Disclaimer: Yes, I am aware that were cutting a big ass hole in the cab wall and bed wall, taking up half the bed space rendering the bed basically useless. I am also aware that by doing this it is lowering the pool of people by nothing short of 95% of potential buyers for the truck in the future. That is of zero concern. Lets jam.
..........The blow through box is being built to house (3) JL Audio 12W6 Subwoofers.
..........(1) JL Audio HD1200-1 amp will power the 3 subwoofers. If the HD1200-1 doesn't do the job, will install (3) JL HD750's, one for each subwoofer. Hopefully the 1200-1 will do the job well enough for space reasons. If not, the HD750's will be more than enough power and they will be installed.

Battery / Power:
..........Genesis Dual Battery Kit
..........(2) Odyssey PC-1750 Batteries
..........Alternator is already upgraded for more charging ability.

Cliff Notes:

Speakers: 19
(3) JL Audio 12" 12W6 Subwoofers
(4) JL Audio 8.8" Speakers
(4) Mmats 6.5" PA601 Speakers
(4) Mmats 1.25" Super Tweeters
(2) Focal 6.5" Speakers
(2) Focal 3.5" Speakers

Amps: 6
(1) JL Audio System Processor
(1) JL Audio HD 1200-1
(1) JL Audio 800/8
(1) JL Audio MHD600/4
(2) Mosconi 4/10

I dropped the Truck off at the installers last week. They will have it complete in roughly 3 weeks. The goal is October 1st.

I cannot for the life of me figure out where in the hell they are going to shove all of the amps lol. They laughed and told me to stop worrying about it and let them do their job. Sounds fair enough.
Should be incredibly ridiculously clear with an insane amount of volume. Super excited.

Will update the thread with progress Pictures as they come available.
Here are a few pics of pre-install.

Thanks,

Jeremy

0D682C97-7B53-4BED-8613-EAA269365A24.jpeg

ADBF132F-B5FD-484A-83BB-1E7323DF1B49.jpeg

F574AD93-E685-4F8D-99ED-7165DDDAC0EB.jpeg

15F7BE7B-B531-46C0-B9EF-5ABB3060A558.jpeg

84E99629-4A00-4B42-8D6E-145E07EA2F16.jpeg

D96503BD-F405-4D0C-8226-31FE4A2B937C.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Sounds badass! (Pun intended) Pretty out of control, but gotta do what makes you happy.

Is there any difficulties with that kind of power requirement and our pos smart changing system? There is a huge difference in sound quality and power from my YJs system with the spare battery connected/disconnected from the main charging system.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Your Freedom Tops will now be amplifiers LOL...

Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Noack

J.Noack

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Thanks man.
Shouldnā€™t be a problem. The Genisis kit has the main battery shut off when voltage suffers to a certain point. Then the 2nd battery kicks in, while the first battery charges.
If we run into any issues, we will have to figure out a solution. But I agree, definitely wouls prefer no issues with the charging system lol.

Sounds badass! (Pun intended) Pretty out of control, but gotta do what makes you happy.

Is there any difficulties with that kind of power requirement and our pos smart changing system? There is a huge difference in sound quality and power from my YJs system with the spare battery connected/disconnected from the main charging system.

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT
Wow, looks like a lot of work! Should be a big upgrade.

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Definitely staying tuned on this one. I miss the ridiculous sound system I had in my ā€˜88 YJ

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Please bob the bed :) just for the hatersā€¦.
looking forward to some photos as progress is made šŸŗ

Popsjeep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj7, Lexus RX, f150
Occupation
Construction
No matter what you do to a Jeep someone will pearl clutch. Iā€™ve got cjā€™s and Iā€™m not crazy about the keep it original crowd. Good luck with your creation. If your happy it doesnā€™t matter what anyone else thinks!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like an awesome setup. I was a professional installer for 15+ years, and still do high-end installs on the side. Can't wait to see the results.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
What is the first thing you will play on it?

If it isn't Juvenile's Back That Azz Up then how can you tell your subs are really hitting?

(4 years selling high end home and car audio/video 20+ years ago and that is STILL my favorite hold my beer and watch this test track.)
Sponsored