First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Gladiator value is in the toilet plain and simple. 58,000 sticker to 41,000 trade in (in 1 year )? That’s what happens when they inflate the prices originally and start giving 12,000 off on new ones. I didn’t pay sticker but should of held out for a better price and didn’t finance so it could of been worse. I also bought local and did well on my Chrysler 300 trade in. I believe value will come back up a little when the new prices come out if they are not a lot lower too. Bronco on the other hand still bringing in decent prices here, go figure but not inflated over MRSP. Jeep flooded the market with gladiators , now they are playing catch up. I still like my Gladiator and will keep it indefinitely but Hopefully another year they don’t loose the same amount of value especially for the people that paid sticker price and financed also.
Sponsored

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Why are there so many threads on this lol.

Regardless of what you may have heard, Jeeps are not investments by any means. I mean, maybe if you keep it long enough.

I say wait until the 2023’s are off the lots and sold, then I suspect the value may creep up a bit more. Or maybe the strike will extend and you’ll have a Jeep somebody else wants.

Buy the Jeep, drive the Jeep, enjoy the Jeep! Stop looking at this car market. Unless you have to sell it, why not just keep it and remember why you bought it in the first place? Come winter time, you’ll be glad you have it. Come Spring and Summer time, you’ll want those doors and top off!

Jeep~N~Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Gladiator value is in the toilet plain and simple. 58,000 sticker to 41,000 trade in (in 1 year )? That’s what happens when they inflate the prices originally and start giving 12,000 off on new ones. I didn’t pay sticker but should of held out for a better price and didn’t finance so it could of been worse. I also bought local and did well on my Chrysler 300 trade in. I believe value will come back up a little when the new prices come out if they are not a lot lower too. Bronco on the other hand still bringing in decent prices here, go figure but not inflated over MRSP. Jeep flooded the market with gladiators , now they are playing catch up. I still like my Gladiator and will keep it indefinitely but Hopefully another year they don’t loose the same amount of value especially for the people that paid sticker price and financed also.
Sounds pretty typical of used car values pre covid. I suspect you will see the value increase again as this strike currently going on is going to cause used prices to increase again next year.

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Wait a few years sucker will be worth $100k, just wait, the rate of inflation will have a gal of milk about $50 though

Sponsored

TheRealStreetcommander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
None of your business.
Looking at BMW 7 series now.
New 2023 = ~105 - $130k
Used 2022 = ~$65-85k

I guess it's all relative. I'm not entirely convinced prices will go back up either, shortage or not. The average Joe can't afford to buy and they certainly can't afford the interest rates. They think they can...maybe for a little bit longer.

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Gladiator value is in the toilet plain and simple. 58,000 sticker to 41,000 trade in (in 1 year )?
Well first, trade-in value and market value are not the same thing.

But overall, the circumstances of extremely limited new-vehicle supply and high demand driven by nearly-free interest that drove up used values have changed. So of course value has changed accordingly.

Why are there so many threads on this lol.
Save for the launch in late 2019, the Gladiator's entire existence has been in the COVID era with high values for the reasons I mentioned above, and we're all spoiled because of it.

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
bought mine just after covid 2021. I think we got a fair price otherwise we wouldn't have gotten it.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Just saw a 23 20th anniversary JL Rubicon with a 392 and AEV package(37's) $116,615.00 😵

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
The best way to deal with falling value is to just keep it.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
If you’re just gonna keep it indefinitely, what do you care about trade-in value?

You’ll get different trade-in values from different dealers in different states at different times. You can even negotiate trade-in values. It’s not a science.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
With experience as a Ford salesman from a decade ago, i could have told you high rebates hurt resale. there's a reason I leased my 2012 fusion, and a reason that a fully loaded SEL with an MSRP of 32k was 207/mo after dealer discount with not much down. And a reason my mother's 2011 not-fully-loaded Camry with 18k miles was worth more in trade in than my fusion the day i drove it off the lot... by a pretty shocking amount.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
bought mine just after covid 2021. I think we got a fair price otherwise we wouldn't have gotten it.
Same I bought mine during covid and was able to secure a good deal. Otherwise I would not have purchased the truck and kept my ram or bought a new 1500

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
Wait a few years sucker will be worth $100k, just wait, the rate of inflation will have a gal of milk about $50 though
I'm gonna hold mine forever and hope for that trash-to-riches appreciation curve that Grand Wagoneers and air-cooled 911's have gone through.

Only have about 37 more years to go.
Sponsored