• Total voters

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I saw someone else posted a question about if the Jeep gladiator was your first Jeep and it made me curious. The gladiator is my first Jeep, I’m coming from only owning sports cars. I have to say I really enjoy all of the accessories you can purchase and being part of such a huge car culture. So have you owned other Jeep’s or is the gladiator your first jeep?
Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I liked the AEV brute a few yrs ago, been on the fence for a new personal vehicle.. debated telsa cyber truck for advertising purposes, hummer ev..
ecodiesel plus jeeps real world 4x4 capablities pushed me over the fence

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
This is my 7th Jeep. First non Wrangler, but as close as you can get to being a Wrangler without being a Wrangler.
How does the gladiator compare to the other Jeep’s you have owned?

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I'm a first time Jeep owner. I've owned 2 trucks. A 2005 Chevy Colorado, 2015 Chevy Silverado. My dad had a Jeep, my sister has a Jeep, I always wanted a Jeep, but always said I would still need to have a truck. If only Jeep would make a truck, then I could have both lol. God must have been listening.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
How does the gladiator compare to the other Jeep’s you have owned?
Well my most recent before the JT was a 2020 JLUR diesel. This drives a bit smoother on the road, but I have not had it off-road yet. I did take the JLUR off-roading a few times and I can already tell by the length and the poor break over angle that it won’t be nearly as good as the JL was for that. Before that I had a few 2 doors and 2 four doors (1 JL 2 door and the rest were JKs). If you’re asking which I prefer, the answer is simple. Between JLUR and JT I would take the JT all day long. But if they were to offer a JL 2 door in the diesel I’d buy another 2 door in a heartbeat.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
My Gladiator is the 8th Jeep I have owned. First was a 74 CJ5, 78CJ7, 02 Liberty 05 TJ, 06TJ, 13 Wrangler,17 Grand Cherokee, and my Gladiator.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
2nd Jeep but won't be the last. When I move out of state, I'm getting me a 2 door Wrangler and taking everything off.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First Jeep was an 87 Comanche Sportruck short box 4x4 with 4.0, 5 speed, running boards, roll bar, off-road lights, fog lights, tow package and stuff I can't recall.
Second was an 89 or so Cherokee Sport.
Then it was on to various Grand Cherokees, trading every 3 years, one Liberty thrown in there.
Always wanted one of the other styles (Wrangler, etc.) as my brother has been a Jeep fan since he was a teen. He got a C7 in his early 20s and has had Wranglers for the last couple of decades or so.
I saw the Gladiator in a show room and decided I wanted one. Before this all of my pickups (save for the Comanche) were full-size trucks, ranging from a 66 Chevy 3/4 ton, 70 Chevy 3/4 ton, F250 4x4, Silverado 4x4.....
Always good luck with Jeeps.
I have 3 Jeeps and 4 vehicles with Jeep engines.
2004 WJ 4.0 liter,
82 SX4 with 94 ZJ 4.0,
2020 JT 3.6
and 2021 Grand Cherokee with 3.6