Sponsored

Jeep invites you to the first ever Jeep Brand digital livestream roundtable

First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
The Jeep team would like to invite you to participate in the Jeep brands first ever digital livestream round table. This first ever digital round table will give you the opportunity to interact and submit questions to designers, engineers, and executive leads.

The livestream will begin Tuesday 4/21 at 4PM EST and can be accessed via the link below. Please comment below with your questions and don't forget to tune in!

https://fiat.mc.eu1.kontiki.com/global2/content?moid=4c91630c-36a6-431b-984c-9c29c675f86b

Round table participants will include:
Jim Morrison – VP Head of Jeep Brand North America
Mark Allen - Head of Jeep Design
Scott Blum - Wrangler Product Planner
Pete Milo - Chief Engineer Wrangler & Gladiator
Nate Buelow - Moderator
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Don't need to "round table" much.... Just put a damn HEMI in the thing already. 5.7 at least.

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Don't need to "round table" much.... Just put a damn HEMI in the thing already. 5.7 at least.
Fair question, we have had that come up in a couple other places where this link is posted. We will add that to the list to ask the team. Thank you for the questions and being a fan of the brand!

KirkG

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 2017 F-150, 2019 JLUR
Awesome that you guys are doing this, I own a JL and just ordered a JT. I love what Jeep represents

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The hemi topic has already been answered by FCA, crash safety is what restricts implementation. They fit right in the bay but take up so much space they'll displace in a collision and murderize occupants. Thank you but no.

Remember the V8 CJ of days past? They didn't sell as well as the 4.2L for a few reasons other than cost, weight and balance being chief followed by cooling.

I'd ask the more pertinent questions like no why auto down on the rear and why no auto up all aroun. Followed quickly with why does every drivers belt since the JK suck and lay about all floppy and not retract.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
Can we get a timeline on the diesel release? Is it still going to occur? Will the reinforced chassis if the Mojave be used to help with the extra weight of the diesel?

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Fair question, we have had that come up in a couple other places where this link is posted. We will add that to the list to ask the team. Thank you for the questions and being a fan of the brand!
I'm sure it won't happen, but it has to be said. The truck suffers from lack of power....

If your designers are taking notes.... The front FAD axle needs to go as well, or at least implement a factory truss. Personally I'd like to see Jeep go back to AIR lockers for the Rubicon and ship out with 35s from factory.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
The hemi topic has already been answered by FCA, crash safety is what restricts implementation. They fit right in the bay but take up so much space they'll displace in a collision and murderize occupants. Thank you but no.

Remember the V8 CJ of days past? They didn't sell as well as the 4.2L for a few reasons other than cost, weight and balance being chief followed by cooling.

I'd ask the more pertinent questions like no why auto down on the rear and why no auto up all aroun. Followed quickly with why does every drivers belt since the JK suck and lay about all floppy and not retract.
Yes I'm aware it's been answered. fact remains the engine choices are lackluster... and I'd rather punch them in the nuts at every turn till they are sick of hearing it. Frankly if you're gonna rip off a concept from another company (AEV cough cough) at least try and raise the bar.

Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
When will production of Mojave start? I ordered Mojave march 6th . I need to know if I should cancel my order and just buy something else. I don't want to miss a whole summer driving naked.

OP
OP
First Name
Nate Buelow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
When will production of Mojave start? I ordered Mojave march 6th . I need to know if I should cancel my order and just buy something else. I don't want to miss a whole summer driving naked.
Very fair question. This will definitely come up next week. If you want to PM me your VIN / VON, we can take a look at it as well. Thank you for being a fan of the brand!

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I can make the call on the 21st. Long time Mopar fan and first time jeep owner. I also have an 09 Viper ACR, 2011 Mopar 11 and a 1968 Coronet R/T. Was wondering if Jeep has thought about what Viper did with the One of One program to offer owners a unique style to their purchases. Offer a custom paint scheme from Prefix and maybe some rim and tire combos along with interior. Being the most heavily modified vehicle, this would be a nice touch.

Thanks for all you do.

Bruce

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Yes I'm aware it's been answered. fact remains the engine choices are lackluster... and I'd rather punch them in the nuts at every turn till they are sick of hearing it. Frankly if you're gonna rip off a concept from another company (AEV cough cough) at least try and raise the bar.
Really? You think if the ever-increasing safety and emissions standards they have to meet were NOT an issue, Jeep wouldn't give you a Hemi? Of course they would. Complaining about something they cannot control without extensive redesign is just pouting. Maybe the next iteration of the Wrangler/Gladiator. And you could argue that AEV stole the Brute from the CJ-8, so...:angel:

The roundtable would be a better forum to ask things like:
  • Will the steering box be redesigned or braced from the factory?
  • What colours will be introduced and brought back in the next model year?
  • How about expanding the Dark Saddle onto other surfaces like the centre console, dash panel, and armrests where there is black leather?
  • Please figure out a way to get the soft top to go all the way down. Even if it opens it as it does now for times when you've got stuff in the bed (or a topper), but lay down on the bed rails for times you don't.
  • Maybe an option for a power rear window?
  • Make the hard tops on Wranglers and Gladiators so the sides and back panels can be removed for easier storage and removal. I'm sure the engineers have already seen it, but check out Jeff Scherb's thread on ExPo (https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...g-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/); it was done to a JK and JKU top, but it could be done on newer (or future) models.
  • Any thoughts to change the 3.30 reverse gear ratio on the manual?
  • Any details re: the manual recall? What will the fix be?
  • Just call the Overland a Sahara, and call the Sport S with Max Tow the Overland as people who really "overland" need the maximum payload and towing capacity.
  • Ability to add lockers to other models without getting a Rubicon.
  • Ability to lock rear in 2WD without a programmer.
  • Bigger fuel tank to increase range.
  • Give us the Wayout rack as an option or through Mopar parts!
I'm sure I can come up with more, but that's just off the top of my head. ;)
Sponsored