Sponsored

Jeep Jamboree events, who's gone?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
First I just wanted to know if anybody has gone on a jeep jamboree event. Looks like fun. Not sure if the $600-$800 registration is worth it or not, but since i'm a NOOB and don't know where i'm going, guides/food is probably worth it.

2nd - not that i'll ever have over 40" tires, but why don't they allow them at their events?
"Participant Jeeps with tires over 40″ WILL BE TURNED AWAY AT VEHICLE EVALUATION AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND JAMBOREE, NO REFUND."
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
I have a buddy that has been to a few and just got back from the MOAB Jamboree. They feed you and have everything to fix you if you break. Many other events take place with lots of planned trails to sign up for. The tire size limit preserves the trails and limits their liability on fixing a vehicle with oversized tires. He took his TJ and his wife took the Cherokee. They had a blast. He has been on the Rubicon Trail Jamboree and raves about it.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have a buddy that has been to a few and just got back from the MOAB Jamboree. They feed you and have everything to fix you if you break. Many other events take place with lots of planned trails to sign up for. The tire size limit preserves the trails and limits their liability on fixing a vehicle with oversized tires. He took his TJ and his wife took the Cherokee. They had a blast. He has been on the Rubicon Trail Jamboree and raves about it.
Thanks @HorneyBadger , took me like 10 tries to type your name in, lol.

Well that's cool, didn't know they'll help fix you if you break. That's worth the extra money for me. Think my family will hit up a more regional event, and then something like MOAB which is really far away from Wisconsin!

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Thanks @HorneyBadger , took me like 10 tries to type your name in, lol.

Well that's cool, didn't know they'll help fix you if you break. That's worth the extra money for me. Think my family will hit up a more regional event, and then something like MOAB which is really far away from Wisconsin!
Hit up the website as there are a ton of jamborees across the US. But.... make sure you sign up for one on open registration day or you wont get in. They are popular and usually fill up within the first 24 hrs of open enrollment.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Been on 4.
Only go on the ones that you otherwise can't ride the trails. Like forget the NJ one bc you can run those trails otherwise.
The camaraderie and kid friendliness of the ones I've been on make it worth it.
Finally, some of them you can forget bringing a Gladiator, you should ask a trail guide. Did Catskills this year while Glady was on order and I was paying attention: there are few/no trails there you can make the sharp turns on. Even with 12 point turns.
Signed up for Killington next year.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been on 4.
Only go on the ones that you otherwise can't ride the trails. Like forget the NJ one bc you can run those trails otherwise.
The camaraderie and kid friendliness of the ones I've been on make it worth it.
Finally, some of them you can forget bringing a Gladiator, you should ask a trail guide. Did Catskills this year while Glady was on order and I was paying attention: there are few/no trails there you can make the sharp turns on. Even with 12 point turns.
Signed up for Killington next year.
good advice, i'll definately ask the trail guide before hand.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Too rich for my blood. There are literally millions of miles of trails to ride before I start paying triple digits to wheel.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Too rich for my blood. There are literally millions of miles of trails to ride before I start paying triple digits to wheel.
I agree, but I think I’d like to attend one without participating before I close the book on it. Thinking of going to Bartow in January to see what’s happening.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get that, but if you think of it more like a concert or festival where they feed you, the price makes more sense.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I get that, but if you think of it more like a concert or festival where they feed you, the price makes more sense.
Disagree. I looked at an upcoming event and 975 bucks for a family to go Wheeling for 2 days with 6 meals provided is ridiculous.

But I have no problem finding trails to conquer on my own so I'll let those who wanna pay to play have fun

Sponsored

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disagree. I looked at an upcoming event and 975 bucks for a family to go Wheeling for 2 days with 6 meals provided is ridiculous.

But I have no problem finding trails to conquer on my own so I'll let those who wanna pay to play have fun
Again, I am trying to say you should not compare it to just going wheeling somewhere. The price for that is no comparison, you are correct. It's wheeling somewhere you can't otherwise (for some of them), in a party/festival type atmosphere with a few hundred Jeep lovers. If you took 4 people to a weekend music festival the price would be comparable or even cheap for the big festivals. Also, when you see how much work they put into it and how many volunteers there are you realize they aren't doing it for profit, they do it for love of Jeeping.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Anyone have a link to the events?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door/2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I got talked into attending one several years ago. Not my thing. Too many people in a group, so very slow going, not many trails get done. Plus, the guides try to spot you over every little obstacle, taking the fun out of wheeling. Some people enjoy them though.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I got talked into attending one several years ago. Not my thing. Too many people in a group, so very slow going, not many trails get done. Plus, the guides try to spot you over every little obstacle, taking the fun out of wheeling. Some people enjoy them though.
Same here not my thing. When i go out i like to feel like an explorer and enjoy the solitude that can be had while Jeeping. I do not like the feeling that i`m on a tour but some need it and like it like camping in a parking lot, not for me.
Sponsored