Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Farmer
Pretty pathetic people can do this these days... probably disconnected the batteries somehow picked lock and were able to get it out of park somehow and push it to whatever they towed it with... people these days make me sic (I misspelled on purpose)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Where was the Jeep taken from (city)?
Was it a theft or a repo?

Pepe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Pretty pathetic people can do this these days... probably disconnected the batteries somehow picked lock and were able to get it out of park somehow and push it to whatever they towed it with... people these days make me sic (I misspelled on purpose)
Just in front of the JT/JL/JLU's automatic's shifter handle, you will find a small black, plasticdoor/cover. Prys up easily and there is a tether on it, so it does not get lost.

You pry open the door and find the little orangeish color, nylon strap there and pull up on it gently, just enough, til you hear and audible click... Pull no farther.. This info is in the owner's manual and entitled, "Park Override Release" .

IF you ever go to do the park override, remember, to listen carefully, for the audible click, and stop when you here the click, if you do not want the automatic to go back to park, immediately after it is released from park.

NOW, the JL/JT/JLU is out of park the vehicle can be pushed.... or .... pulled .....pulled onto a flat bed truck easily.

OP

Maverick2020

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
NA
I don’t think it’s that simple in this case. If you look the radio is on and interior lights. The Jeep went into ACC mode. Probably pushed it and started it down the street

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
First of all, that’s a JK, not a JL. Totally different ignition system and electronics than a JL/JT. Probably popped the column and bypassed the keyed ignition switch. They still require a chip key, so it will crank (and go into neutral) but won’t run.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
FUCKERS! I hope they crash and die! Scum of the earth!

Sorry for your loss @Maverick2020!!

kevman65

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon GCM
To be honest, with the way vehicles are set up now anyone with a lap top or pad, the right connectors, and some mild code, can steal a vehicle.

Wouldn't even need a key.

Pepe

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm curious as heck if the owner of the stolen vehicle had the security gateway bypassed. (Bypass module) Knowing this would help me speculate more on what transpired..

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I'm curious as heck if the owner of the stolen vehicle had the security gateway bypassed. (Bypass module) Knowing this would help me speculate more on what transpired..

JKs don't have SGW, that on 2018+ JL/JT

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got to think they cloned the key, but they'd have to have been within range of your key. I know to do that they assume you put your keys near the interior garage door and try to get close to that.

Advertisement

Advertisement