Jeep Lease question

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hi, so im getting ready to lease a gladiator and am having trouble deciding on 36 or 39 month. Ive only ever done 24 month bc i like the new car every couple of years. So this time im going for 36 or 39. My question is is it worth going 39 to lower the payment on the monthly side? Then just hoping they have a early lease pull ahead program to get into a new jeep 3 or 6 months before my lease ends? Does jeep typically offer early lease pull ahead and if so how many months early?
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Hi, so im getting ready to lease a gladiator and am having trouble deciding on 36 or 39 month. Ive only ever done 24 month bc i like the new car every couple of years. So this time im going for 36 or 39. My question is is it worth going 39 to lower the payment on the monthly side? Then just hoping they have a early lease pull ahead program to get into a new jeep 3 or 6 months before my lease ends? Does jeep typically offer early lease pull ahead and if so how many months early?
2 answers here:

1) Don't make the decision for the 36 or 39 until you see residuals and money factors. There is a sweet spot on leases, and it's switched around a bit, so find out what the different money factors are first, then make your decision.
2) From what I've heard, it's not unusual for the jeep dealerships to call up leases and try to get them to trade in early (be careful on the pull ahead programs, sometimes they just add the leftover payments to the new vehicle without even saying something to you). In my experiences with pull aheads, I usually wait til the 3-4 month timeframe to start fielding those phone calls.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
2 answers here:

1) Don't make the decision for the 36 or 39 until you see residuals and money factors. There is a sweet spot on leases, and it's switched around a bit, so find out what the different money factors are first, then make your decision.
2) From what I've heard, it's not unusual for the jeep dealerships to call up leases and try to get them to trade in early (be careful on the pull ahead programs, sometimes they just add the leftover payments to the new vehicle without even saying something to you). In my experiences with pull aheads, I usually wait til the 3-4 month timeframe to start fielding those phone calls.
Not like I have the exact numbers but here's a roundabout comparison I've been doing:

My Rubi is $58,585 inc Destination, but I'm getting it for $53,425

If I calculate on Leasehackr, this is my assumption:

Sign and Drive (Zero Drive off) @ 36 mos @ 12k miles @ 68% residual and .0020 MF = 662/Month
2k Drive off (1200+Fees/First Pmt) - Same information above = 574/mo ($1168.00 savings on payments over 36 months after Down Pmt)

Financing (Assumptive Interest rates, not saying these are guaranteed rates but they'll be close if we're doing dealer financing):

$58,532 Minus 5k D.P (53,425 PP plus 8.625 tax in NY) - $53,132

72 Months @ 4.5% = $843 (7591 in total interest paid)
60 Months @ 4% = $978 (5575 in total interest paid)

Real world calculations! Anything I missed Forum Folk?

OP
OP

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
2 answers here:

Should i look for a higher or lower residual?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Should i look for a higher or lower residual?
Higher residual = higher value after the lease (Example is 68% residual is basically stating that the vehicle will be worth 68% of what it is now after your lease is over)

Most of the numbers seen have been between 65 and 70%. Residual and MF are set by the banks, so see if your dealership gives you different bank options for leasing.

Sponsored

Chsharpe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I just signed a base sport hard top with cold weather package on a 42 month lease. Msrp was 43000. All I paid at the dealership was first month, taxes and fees. The lease allows 10K miles per year and the residual is around 28,600. Did I get a good deal or do you think I got the shaft? Don’t think I did enough research honestly

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Ho
I just signed a base sport hard top with cold weather package on a 42 month lease. Msrp was 43000. All I paid at the dealership was first month, taxes and fees. The lease allows 10K miles per year and the residual is around 28,600. Did I get a good deal or do you think I got the shaft? Don’t think I did enough research honestly
How much a month?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
335 per mo. My bad
I think that's a pretty good deal especially with the payment and nothing down. I've been playing around with lease numbers for a low optioned Rubicon for 48 months for 450 a month and I'll probably have to put money down . Waiting till next year tho.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
$335/mo is a heck of a deal. That's close to the rock bottom that Jeep was advertising in December.

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Plug your numbers in here - https://leasehackr.com/calculator and post the results. From that I can tell you how good it is.

335/ month sounds decent. Would need to see what fees, rate, etc are in the deal.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Anyone know the current residual for sport s and Rubicon?

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Anyone know the current residual for sport s and Rubicon?
What ever it is, that current $2k incentive would go a long way on a monthly lease payment on a Sport.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
What ever it is, that current $2k incentive would go a long way on a monthly lease payment on a Sport.
You would think. But in typical dealer fashion, many of them are jacking the rate so that consumers are not getting the full advantage.
Sponsored