Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Bigger, Better, Greener, Faster Ultra-capable and Undeniable Jeep® and Jeep Performance Parts Concepts Heading to the 56th Annual Easter Jeep Safari

February 25, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand is headed back to its ‘home away from home’ – Moab, Utah – for the 56th annual Easter Jeep Safari, scheduled for April 9-17, 2022. For more than five decades, thousands of enthusiasts and Jeep brand loyalists have gotten together to take part in one of the largest off-road gatherings in the world, hosted by Moab’s Red Rock 4-Wheelers club. The Jeep brand and Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) design teams are hard at work once again creating several one-of-a-kind Jeep concept vehicles that will take four-wheeling to the next level and prove why there’s nothing quite like legendary Jeep 4x4 capability. A sneak peek behind the curtain shows what’s in store for this year’s Easter Jeep Safari lineup. Jeep and JPP sketches, hot off the drawing table, hint at two of the new concept vehicles, including one 4xe electrified Jeep SUV that will certainly conquer even the most tumultuous terrain along the backcountry trails of Moab and further highlight the Jeep brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom. Stay up to date on the latest Easter Jeep Safari news from Jeep and JPP here.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.12.41 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.12.27 AM.jpg
Sponsored

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
I see bed racks, Front lights on a bar above windshield and in front of grill and tube doors. Probably, due to the digital effects, the hybrid Gladiator or all electric??

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
That's gotta be a QR code in there, right? I can't get my phone to read it.

ETA: Sure sounds like it:

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts Concepts Heading to the 56th Annual Easter Jeep Safari 1645806573918

Last edited:

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2022 MK8 GTI
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cube Monkey
That's gotta be a QR code in there, right? I can't get my phone to read it.

ETA: Sure sounds like it:

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Performance Parts Concepts Heading to the 56th Annual Easter Jeep Safari 1645806573918
I thought the same thing.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I think it is one of those 'hidden pictures'. Remember those? Just stare through it and let it blur........

.......I......see........a..........bottle of rum.....
the red logo below it represents the waxed seal.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
There's a lot of qr codes in there, but it's missing too many of the squares to read

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
When are we getting a 4Xe Gladiator. That's all I want. I don't want an all electric. I want both. I want to be able to go back and forth to work each day using no gas, then on the weekend take a trip wherever I want for as far as I want and just pop into a gas station and fill up and be on my way. Best of both worlds. Why do we have to focus an industry that only contributes 10% of the worlds greenhouse gases and make it out to be the ugly cousin. If you hybrid every car going forward, you could nearly double everyone's gas milage (on average) making the entire automotive segment only contribute 5%. Do people really think you can charge your car on fossil free electricity. Is extracting the lithium, cobalt., manganese and nickle environmentally friendly... and do we have an endless supply of it. No sorry... it's just another same type of problem. Hydrogen is the real future.

Sorry, rant over!

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
When are we getting a 4Xe Gladiator. That's all I want. I don't want an all electric. I want both. I want to be able to go back and forth to work each day using no gas, then on the weekend take a trip wherever I want for as far as I want and just pop into a gas station and fill up and be on my way. Best of both worlds. Why do we have to focus an industry that only contributes 10% of the worlds greenhouse gases and make it out to be the ugly cousin. If you hybrid every car going forward, you could nearly double everyone's gas milage (on average) making the entire automotive segment only contribute 5%. Do people really think you can charge your car on fossil free electricity. Is extracting the lithium, cobalt., manganese and nickle environmentally friendly... and do we have an endless supply of it. No sorry... it's just another same type of problem. Hydrogen is the real future.

Sorry, rant over!
You're probably gonna be real upset when you find out that because the electric powertrain requires movement of lubricated parts of the ICE, the ICE still has to kick on every time long enough to heat up the fluids. That means the electric portion is unable to operate independently in a lot of situations, including colder weather.

Now, conceptually a 4xe would be great! But once I read about the above I nope'd right out of that.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the "QR Code" JT could be an Extreme Recon model since the tires seem to be larger than normal. Or maybe a Str8 6 hybrid...?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Sorry, rant over!
I could not agree more! The most abundant energy source in the world, with a water being the only emission. It’s a shame hydrogen has not taken off. Top Gear showed a few hydrogen cars over the years, and they were convinced it was the way to go. Unfortunately Musk got behind electrical power rather than hydrogen power, so here we are.

What we REALLY need is a Fallout type world where we have a coke can-sized nuclear battery that can power our cars/houses for their entire lifespan!

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
It's the 392 Extreme Recon.

If it was. Think I would be trading in my JTRD on it.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I could not agree more! The most abundant energy source in the world, with a water being the only emission. It’s a shame hydrogen has not taken off. Top Gear showed a few hydrogen cars over the years, and they were convinced it was the way to go. Unfortunately Musk got behind electrical power rather than hydrogen power, so here we are.

What we REALLY need is a Fallout type world where we have a coke can-sized nuclear battery that can power our cars/houses for their entire lifespan!
Here's your H2 burner.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/toyota-yamaha-hydrogen-burning-v8-engine

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone think a 392 Gladiator will make a preview? I'm sure Stellantis has a few left over to use.
Sponsored